IGNORED

ATV accident

slowrollwv

My 6 year old grandson was riding with a neighbor girl yesterday in her yard and they had an accident. She went to make a turn and lost control and it flipped throwing her free and not hurt. My grandson was not so lucky. He was transported to the hospital and found that he had a broken jaw it two places and maybe broken ankles. They put splints on his legs. He had surgery this morning on the jaw and had a plate to hold the bone together. They were both wearing half helmets but the ATV landed on top of him.

Man that sucks. So he is going to be laid up for the whole summer vacation. Kids usually heal pretty fast and recover good. Hope all works out for him. I actually think those things are more dangerous than a regular dirt bike.

Update on the grandson. He got to come home today. No broken bones in his ankles. But does have two brakes in his jaw. One at the corner of his mouth where they put the plate and the other one is high close to the left ear. He will be sore for a while but doing good.

My 6 year old grandson was riding with a neighbor girl yesterday in her yard and they had an accident. She went to make a turn and lost control and it flipped throwing her free and not hurt. My grandson was not so lucky. He was transported to the hospital and found that he had a broken jaw it two places and maybe broken ankles. They put splints on his legs. He had surgery this morning on the jaw and had a plate to hold the bone together. They were both wearing half helmets but the ATV landed on top of him.

OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH brother!! Prayers Up for that youngen and VERY glad to hear he is gonna be ok!!!

Yikes........that's one of the tuff parts of me being in the hospital right now and moving all around for tests. Hate seeing the little ones sick or hurt!

Thoughts with your grandson!

SPOT ON DAVE!!! THAT is ALWAYS a heart breaker!! Makes ya say to yourself = "I wish I could take it for those little ones cause I GLADLY would if I could" dont it brother!!