IGNORED

Help!! Bonehead move.

Washed and waxed the RSV to get ready to head north and found 2 missing bolts. I explicitly remember starting the windshield trim bolts and then all the fairing bolts last week. I also remember tightening the fairing bolts but not the trim bolts, I sure hope they're not in some bodies tire. The book just says bolts and the parts list online gives a part # but no sizes. Does anyone know the size of the windshield trim bolts that go through the inner fairing?

All this to preventively clean and grease the audio connections. :confused07::confused07::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I'm not sure what bolts you are referring to? I just took a look at mine. Are they exposed so that I can remove one to check without removing anything else?

Christmas before last when my wife asks me what I wanted for a present, I gave her a couple of links like this for SAE and Metric bolt size determination.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thread-Checker-SWTC-S21-Thread-Testers-Gages-SAE-INCH-ONLY-Male-Female-NC-NF/310993375445?hash=item4868a650d5:g:DYQAAOSwDmBY47US

Thanks for the offer Sky but I figured it out. It's the top bolt on each side of the inner fairing, they go through the windshield trim and the outer fairing. 5x30 mm. I found some Phillips head bolts at a hardware store. I'll get the right ones in stainless when I get back and the store I need is open.

My 2nd gen windshield under the chrome piece some of the bolt holes were showing signs of cracking. I for the life of me found it odd they did not have large washers on the shield to displace the force. So I did. I got some fender washers and a couple layers of duct tape on backside of washers and install.

Since we are talking about bolts....

When I replaced my OEM windshield with a Clearview I was finding that the bolts holding the windscreen would loosen over time. What I did was replaced them with 2mm longer bolts and now they stay tight. The Clearview is slightly thicker than the OEM screen and the shorter thread depth let them loosen out.