IGNORED

First Oil Change

Did my first oil change on the SVTC today. Easy enough. A bit more work than the RSV and a bit less work than the Harley Road Glide. Not a big job though. Odometer has 601 miles so I was pretty dang close to their 600 mile spec. My old Craftsman lift worked fine, no adapter required. Note though that I didn't actually lift the bike, just used the lift to level it.

IMG_1468.jpg

I just had my 600 mile service done. Cost 241.00 one more service visit, after that I will do my own oil changes.

I am curios about what is involved with tire changes and adjusting to belt properly

Ill figure that one out next year

Hey Freebird, when you did your oil change do you remember which of the side drain screws let out the least amount of oil. I am almost due for my second change and I wanted to send in an oil sample for testing. I want to do this before the oil change and I can't remember which one of the screws it was.

Did mine and almost ready for the second one. Going to do it at 2k. The more I ride this bike the better I like it. Had a hell of the time getting the filter off. Didn't have the specific slide over type and the one I had was just a little too big so it would slide. Took some duct tape and went around it and it came off. I'm using the K and N filter so I wont have to worry about it.

I used the Yamaha filter this time but will certainly use the K&N next time. Would make it so much easier. I used a pair of Channel-Lok slip joint pliers to get it off. Was still hard to get the right angle with the lines in the way.

Hey Freebird, when you did your oil change do you remember which of the side drain screws let out the least amount of oil. I am almost due for my second change and I wanted to send in an oil sample for testing. I want to do this before the oil change and I can't remember which one of the screws it was.

I saw a DYI vid which was suggesting there are three drain plugs! My Road* has two.... Is the filter situated so that I won't be able to use my leather belt to r/r? And, yes, I wear suspenders...;-)

Edited by GreenMtnHunter
added words

• 3 months later...