IGNORED

Trunk removal

Has anyone tried removing The trunk from their SVTC? One of the things I really like about my victory cross country tour was the ease in which I could remove the trunk so I could go around town like a bagger. I really like the look of the eluder.

Thanks

I have installed numerous quick detach docking setups on the HD's thru the years and think I would look into building an adapter to mount and use one of them on the SVTC if I had one. Maybe we should tear Don's bike apart at MD to see if that would be possible.. If so @Freebird, we could go into the business of making adapters and get rich quick off SVTC owners wanting an instant bagger :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey Spicer,, maybe get a peek at an Eluder shop manual and compare it to the SVTC shop manual to see how they each come apart and see if they mounting methods are different.. I got a hunch that Mom Yam used the same frame for both scoots and comparing notes may help in assessing the process.. Sounds fun and doable = all the best in coming up with something and would appreciate any thoughts/pictures of what you come up with!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried removing.... I really like the look of the eluder.

Thanks

Agreed! Does the bike come from the crate with the trunk installed? If so, when mine arrives, I'd like to do the quick connects at that time....I'd have bought the Eluder but I need the reverse, and want the rear speaker option.

Rich

I've read that the bike comes with the trunk installed but with the rear bolts not installed or somethings so that the trunk tilts forward so to that the bike fits into a shorter crate. Not sure of the details.

Hi Freebird, been awhile, you are correct, my bike after the crate was removed

20171219_182137_resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is extremely interesting to me, and I am sure others as well. It is good to see the rear fender is not "deformed" to account for the trunk.

Did the bags need to be removed to get to the hardware to remove the trunk?

Did it look as though the wiring would tuck under the seat or would a "cover" need to be devised to tidy the wiring?

Was the seat cleanly finished on the back?

I wonder if performing a modification to the Eluder bracket for the backrest would suffice to allow for a "quicker" release function for the trunk?

Thanks so much for the pics!

This thread is extremely interesting to me, and I am sure others as well. It is good to see the rear fender is not "deformed" to account for the trunk.

Did the bags need to be removed to get to the hardware to remove the trunk?

Did it look as though the wiring would tuck under the seat or would a "cover" need to be devised to tidy the wiring?

Was the seat cleanly finished on the back?

I wonder if performing a modification to the Eluder bracket for the backrest would suffice to allow for a "quicker" release function for the trunk?

Thanks so much for the pics!

The fender is not deformed, and the bracket itself is just a couple bolts. Mine was lowered and installed when I was away, but I do npt think the left saddlebag was removed for that operation...only four bolts and an electrical clip. The issue is that there are seven clips on the back rest and two wires, antenna, I believe that are not in clips. I should think you could hide them all in small bag behind the rear seat, and there may be just enough room to tuck them under it... I think it woild look pretty clean. My dealer laughed and said I was crazy...in a nice way....

• 3 years later...