IGNORED

Vin Number

GS51

Hi all

this is the first time I am posting i just have one little question

yesterday i took position of a 1983 Venture i know that it would be first gen.

I was told before I got this machine that it was the 2nd one off the line the last 4 of the Vin is 0101. thta would indicate that it may be the first. Is their any way to find out.

It only has 38.8K miles and I would be the 3rd owner.

It runs good just needs a little TLC

Thanks

Hi all

this is the first time I am posting i just have one little question

yesterday i took position of a 1983 Venture i know that it would be first gen.

I was told before I got this machine that it was the 2nd one off the line the last 4 of the Vin is 0101. thta would indicate that it may be the first. Is their any way to find out.

It only has 38.8K miles and I would be the 3rd owner.

It runs good just needs a little TLC

Thanks

By the O.E.M. service manual, on page 1-1...... 000101 is the first production #

If the previous owner said it was the second one off the production line, I bet the first one went to the Yamaha Corporate stable, much like GM, Ford and all the carmakers do. You have got a rare piece of history there, treat it as such! You never know what it may fetch in the future.

I hereby recommend that we name this one the MK1a, as it's surely the first one out the door!!!!! Mines an 84, produced in 10/83 (born-on date!) with serial # 1262.

Great buy!!

Dan

If the previous owner said it was the second one off the production line, I bet the first one went to the Yamaha Corporate stable, much like GM, Ford and all the carmakers do. You have got a rare piece of history there, treat it as such! You never know what it may fetch in the future.

I hereby recommend that we name this one the MK1a, as it's surely the first one out the door!!!!! Mines an 84, produced in 10/83 (born-on date!) with serial # 1262.

Great buy!!

Dan

Dan. i totally agree with you!

this MK1a thing, is a fantastic idea!

and to think, we have it in OUR house!

nobody else, can make that claim!

OH, and we absolutely HAVE to have pictures, of this #1 bike

just jt

Yes that is a find for sure. Hang on to that one for sure , cannot believe someone would sell the second one since the first one is on display some where. Mine is a 83 and was 208 off the line. And it still runs great.

Yep you got you a keeper for sure.

Photos!!!!!!

Buddy

You wanted pic's so while I was out cleaning it up tonight I took a few so you all cna enjoy it. Also just found out the rear master cylender and calabers are both bad not rear brakes at all ao I will be stopping atr the dealer in the morning.

That is one gorgeous blondie for being 25 years old! She is in immaculate condition. I like the pinstriping, I have that on mine also. You've got so many extras on there that I'm jealous!!! Hope to meet up with you one day and take a closer look at the "MK1A"!!

Dan

By the O.E.M. service manual, on page 1-1...... 000101 is the first production #

Thanks

It is indeed the first one off the production line.... Your pic of the frame serial # had just confirmed it. Your # is listed in the O.E.M. Service Manual as the first one.................

Yamaha may have, kept the last pre-production bike, for their collection...

She has a few dings in the paint and the left vent lover is missing if you know of one I would like to replace it.

After reading the replies I am almost afraid to ride it.

I was just looking for a bike to ride this year and I didn't have alot to spend. The owner was put in home and will never ride again. His wife made him let it go. He was heartbroken.

just wondering what value would you put on it. I may have to up my ins.

She has a few dings in the paint and the left vent lover is missing if you know of one I would like to replace it.

After reading the replies I am almost afraid to ride it.

I was just looking for a bike to ride this year and I didn't have alot to spend. The owner was put in home and will never ride again. His wife made him let it go. He was heartbroken.

just wondering what value would you put on it. I may have to up my ins.

WOW!!!!!! There'll never be another post about who has the oldest... :)

You need to get one of those vanity plates "FIRST VR", or "1ST VR".

I noticed in Dan's post that he has an '84 #1262 built 10/83.

My '83 is #3089 built 3/83. Doesn't make sense in the whole VIN# scheme of things.