IGNORED

Radio/CB System Won't Turn Off

So late last week, I turned the radio on and used it..no issues. When I went to turn it off by holding the button down for a few seconds....NOTHING. Can't turn it off. It's not on when the key is off obviously but when riding it's always on. All the functions work properly but this off button...

Anyone fix this issue?

Patrick:canada:

Well, it could be the actual switch in the controller, but what it could also be is the connector from the controller into the main unit. This is a common problem for some kind of strange issue happening due to corrosion on those connectors. What needs to happen is to split your fairing to gain access to these connectors and clean both ends of the connectors with a spray electrical contact cleaner and then plug and unplug the connector several times to help clean the metal. When you finally get done re-seating the connectors smear a little dielectric grease on the plastic part of the connectors prior to the final connection to keep moisture out of them, but be very careful not to get the grease on the metal as the grease is an insulator so you will end up defeating the whole process of cleaning the connections...

This may sound silly but my radio/cb (2006) will freeze up in cold weather. If it's on it won't change channels or turn off. If it's off it won't turn on. This happens when it's 55 or so and below. Not a big deal as I often don't ride when it's that cold. In warmer weather it works like it should. ??