IGNORED

Name that Motorcycle Model - Police Yamaha from Amman Jordan

VanRiver

Hello Guys and Gals, let's play a game called "Name That Motorcycle - International Edition"

I was in Amman Jordan a few weeks back and noticed all the local police were enjoying the lovely weather on their Yamaha's! Name that Yamaha Model if you can:

By the way, if you ever go to Jordan, DO NOT DRIVE THERE! Lanes markers and traffic signs are only "suggestions", traffic circle are everywhere.....and the car horn is used as frequently as the brake pedal! I fortunately had a personal driver for my visit, otherwise they would have eaten me alive if I was driving a rental car. You have been warned! :yikes:

IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

Which way to the airport?:happy65:

IMG_0666.jpg

No, 600 or 900cc I-4. The Seca is just a very narrow bike, it's a basic continuation of the UJM bike of the 70's Like the Honda CB Nighthawks or Suzuki GS Bandits.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Nice work @BratmanXj ! :clap2: You are correct, it is a Yamaha XJ900P - or police version of the Seca like you said.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Nice work BratmanXj ! :clap2: You are correct, it is a Yamaha XJ900P - or police version of the Seca like you said.

I remembered seeing them in Europe years ago as the "city" bikes for the police force and larger displacement bikes for the "highway" patrol.

Hello Guys and Gals, let's play a game called "Name That Motorcycle - International Edition"

I was in Amman Jordan a few weeks back. By the way, if you ever go to Jordan, DO NOT DRIVE THERE! Lanes markers and traffic signs are only "suggestions", traffic circle are everywhere.....and the car horn is used as frequently as the brake pedal!

I know exactly what you are saying here, I worked in Saudi Arabia for 4 years in the mid 80's, I had my own car and drove every where, at my own peril, I saw some pretty amazing things, like right turns from a stop light starting in the left most lane of what should have been a 3 lane road, but there were 5 cars abreast at the limit line. One day I saw a Toyota pick up with a load of kids and women sitting in the bed, while the driver had his baby camel on the front seat with him. Truly another world over there.

• 2 weeks later...