IGNORED

Installed the trailer wires and now it wont rurn over

I got the plug and play trailer wiring and installed it. Pretty easy. Now it won't turn over. I get a buzzing noise from near the relay. Both fuses were good and I double checked all the wiring and fuses and nothing. I did notice after trying it I got three beeps. Can't remember if this was the norm. Only have 500 miles on it so far. Really sucked because this was the first good weekend to ride.

Anybody got any suggestions? Have a mission for a member and friend tomorrow so I'm glad I haven't sold the RSTD. I afraid because I added the wires the warranty wont cover it. I guess I will see.

Other than that I'm loving this new Eluder.

oops Turn over.

It is unlikely that anything in the trailer harness would cause the bike not to start, unless the isolator is bad and shorted the power to ground, no telling what bad things that could do to today's sophisticated bikes. A short circuit should have taken out the fuse that protects the isolator, provided one is installed. Had guy here in Central Florida that put a plug and play trailer wiring system from ADD-ON accessories on his Goldwing, had some sort of short in it and it took out the turn signal cancel circuit, which on the Goldwing is a micro-processor and very sensitive, so it is not impossible to get a bad system, but as I stated very unlikely. I have sold hundreds of systems over the years and only had one isolator go bad, and it just failed to work when the buyer installed it.

As others have said, check for pinched / damaged wires and unplug everything you installed and trouble shoot from there.

keep us posted.

Thanks for the tips. I uninstalled the wire harness and reinstalled the original wires and still does the same thing. Will try resetting it by unhooking the neg terminal. Also think maybe because it is a left over model the battery may be bad. Will try those two things this morning.

Thanks for the tips. I uninstalled the wire harness and reinstalled the original wires and still does the same thing. Will try resetting it by unhooking the neg terminal. Also think maybe because it is a left over model the battery may be bad. Will try those two things this morning.

Well I always tell my techs to check the easy stuff first. Hooked up a good battery and all problems solved. Will see if they will cover the battery under warranty.