IGNORED

Any old timers like myself remember these?

grubsie

I bet good ole' Pucster does.

Yeah, I know this is a RSV forum, but being a member here, I like to share about other bikes I get excited about an that's usually older bikes.

Especially this one. I have been looking for one for years I owned one when I was an early teenager and loved it

This past January it popped up locally on CL and I couldn't resist. I dropped everything I was doing and had it home within an hour after it was listed.

It's a 1965 Suzuki K11 Challenger 80cc power house. 4 speed, weighs 154lbs, gets 153mpg and can run at 65-70mph. It was the fastest single cylinder bike in it's day.

Super rare nowadays. it's all complete. Don't know if it runs yet., but it is all there. Bought it from a guy whose father owned the bike and passed away 5 years ago.

The son doesn't know anything about it. He found it tucked away in his fathers old shop where I picked it up.

Haven't decided after i get it running to either fully restore it or just give it a super good cleaning. They are only original once.

Finally had a chance to work on this bike 4 months after getting it. Cleaned out the tank and carburetor last week. Nothing like crudded up old, dried 2 stroke gas. Put the tank and carb on Friday night. First off, no spark. A quick pull of the magneto show a frayed wire from the condenser to the points. The way it was placed, it was rubbing against the inside of the spinning magneto. Slipped some shrink tube on it and re-soldered it to the condenser. She's got Spark! Put in some fresh gas and it started in 3 kicks. Ran like crap. Checked the timing. With a fixed stator, the timing is adjusted by the max gap of the points. They were way off. Dialed them in and the bike purred like a kitten. 2 hours in and I have a running old bike. Next checked the lights, horn etc. and nothing worked. The wiring was hacked to to hell. Found a schematic online and figured everything out. Replaced some 6v bulbs and everything works now. That took another 3 hours fixing, patching and replacing wires. (Hate electrical) Anyway, called it a night.

Went out to the barn first thing this yesterday and it fired up with one kick. Gave her a good cleaning and slapped a plate from another bike on it and took a short ride around town. Some minor carb adjustments and it's running fantastic. I got her up to 60mph and it could have gone some more but it was little scary on this little 80cc with dry rotted tires. At 60, it felt like I was going 80mph!

Should have new tires by the end of this week so I can register it and get it inspected, What a fun little ride for around town. Here's a vid from this morning. Not bad for an old girl that was forgotten and left for dead.

00h0h_cgbju6gw3df_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_3cfg2d2fuf5_1200x900.jpg

Edited by grubsie

I bet good ole' Pucster does.

Yeah, I know this is a RSV forum, but being a member here, I like to share about other bikes I get excited about an that's usually older bikes.

Especially this one. I have been looking for one for years I owned one when I was an early teenager and loved it

This past January it popped up locally on CL and I couldn't resist. I dropped everything I was doing and had it home within an hour after it was listed.

It's a 1965 Suzuki K11 Challenger 80cc power house. 4 speed, weighs 154lbs, gets 153mpg and can run at 65-70mph. It was the fastest single cylinder bike in it's day.

Super rare nowadays. it's all complete. Don't know if it runs yet., but it is all there. Bought it from a guy whose father owned the bike and passed away 5 years ago.

The son doesn't know anything about it. He found it tucked away in his fathers old shop where I picked it up.

(SNIP)

Love that 2 cycle sound!

I may have to find a 2 cycle just to putz around on!

I've been trying to find a YDS-6C. just to rare I guess. My 1st Yamaha.

Pic from internet.

638b_3.jpg

803d_3.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
add

Like you said rare for this day. I had a Suzuki 90 in 70 and it would get down the road also. My cousin had a Honda 175 Scrambler and I could out run it any where. But the bike that I would like to get my hands on is a 71 Bridgestone 350 GTO.

One of my good friends in High School was always on a new Bridgestone because his dad was a Bridgestone dealer. He was the only person I knew that actually had one. Not sure how much business he could have been doing. It was a sideline for him anyway as his business was primarily lawn equipment.

Ohhh yeahhh,,, remember em well Grubs = WOWZY WOW WOW WOW x1000 :sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On: :178::178::178::178::178::178::178::178:!!! GRUBSIE, you lop eared bike fanatic, 2 wheels + 2 stroke lovin varmint = WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:..

That little Suzy looks AWESOME and sounds GREAT!! ???Does it have a working injection system? I only ask cause I did notice the site window on the right side appears to be full but noticed no customary little stream of smoke in the exhaust.. I could still smell the LOVELY odor of 2 stroke smoke though :banana: while watching your AWESOME video so I know its getting some lube from somewhere :guitarist 2:.. WOWZY is that PURDY brother!!

Now I GOTTA go pic huntin in prep for story telling Grubs.. I smelled the smoke and feel the need,,, the need for 2 stroke speed :happy34:

:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886 GRUBS and :ice_thy-vi101212101 for :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew: with an AWESOME story of that AWESOME find brother!!!!:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

And EXCELLENT job on getting er back on her feet where she belongs = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta go get our daily 2 mile walk in BUT = I will return cause these aint over :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW, that is AWESOME Grubs!:thumbsup:

Hey Pucster,

On injection system. That didn't come until the 1968 models so it's premix 20:1. No site glass. You're probably looking at the knobs that bolt the side covers on. the other round hole on the left cover is the key. It only smokes a little when cold. As soon as it warms up there's no more smoke. I have to sya though, documentation is super scarce on these bikes. Thanks for the internet though. I am finding bits and pieces of information all over the web.

Now that I have this little jewel up and running and loving the 2 stroke all over again, I have turned my attention to one of the two 1976 Kawasaki KH500 triple 2 strokes that I have been storing for several years. They both need complete engine rebuilds. Fortunately, the one I started working on has a rebuilt crank and re-bored cylinders. Now I am excited more than ever to hear that triple 2 stroke sound again.

Hey Pucster,

On injection system. That didn't come until the 1968 models so it's premix 20:1. No site glass. You're probably looking at the knobs that bolt the side covers on. the other round hole on the left cover is the key. It only smokes a little when cold. As soon as it warms up there's no more smoke. I have to sya though, documentation is super scarce on these bikes. Thanks for the internet though. I am finding bits and pieces of information all over the web.

Now that I have this little jewel up and running and loving the 2 stroke all over again, I have turned my attention to one of the two 1976 Kawasaki KH500 triple 2 strokes that I have been storing for several years. They both need complete engine rebuilds. Fortunately, the one I started working on has a rebuilt crank and re-bored cylinders. Now I am excited more than ever to hear that triple 2 stroke sound again.

Ahhh yes,, once again my lop eared varmint tired old eyes tricked me = must be clouded over with 2 stroke smoke .. Looking forward to maybe seeing some shots and maybe even another AWESOME video starring the H1 when you get a round tuit in the build!

Speaking of dreaming of the days when the wonderful sniff of 2 stroke smoke filled the air,, here are a few shots of my days past. These are a few of the scoots that escaped our inventory sell off and followed us to our new home years ago. The later model Suzy 100cc that starts the pictorial was a favorite of mine. Cool little scoots with lots of charector for sure.. Anyway,, you can probably tell by these few shots that indeed,, you are not alone in your love for big or small wing dingers.. Enjoy brother and thanks again for bringing this thread to life!:happy34:

DSCN8391.JPG

c3 (10).JPG

DSCN8386.JPG

DSCN8366.JPG

DSCN8357.JPG

DSCN8329.JPG

c.JPG

c3 (2).JPG

DSCN8296.JPG

DSCN8319.JPG

DSCN8396.JPG

DSCN8401.JPG

DSCN8403.JPG

mb50 (6).JPG

mb50 (3).JPG

p (8).JPG

DSCN3496.JPG

DSCN3498.JPG

ti3 (49).JPG

ti3 (61).JPG

ti3 (101).JPG

ti3 (105).JPG

ti3 (2).JPG

ti3 (46).JPG

ti3 (185).JPG

ti3 (189).JPG

ti3 (104).JPG

ti3 (60).JPG

ti3 (51).JPG

ti3 (63).JPG

My brother in law had a couple ring dingers that were aces I thought. A yamaha 100 twin and a Kawasaki 2500 triple. First one I ever saw. His 250 triple would run right with my rd 350 twin 2 stroke.

Like you said rare for this day. I had a Suzuki 90 in 70 and it would get down the road also. My cousin had a Honda 175 Scrambler and I could out run it any where. But the bike that I would like to get my hands on is a 71 Bridgestone 350 GTO.

I had a 69 350 GTO. It was a great bike, handled well was very fast and that 6 speed gearbox was a delight. Red and chrome. In 70 they went to solid paint and I didn't like that as well. Mechanicals didn't change.

BTW sorry to pick nits but Bridgestone never made a 250. They had a 175 and then in the last days a 200.

Edited by Pegasus1300

Well now I'm sad. I just found an auction house. In January, a Yamaha YDS-6C was sold for $11K !!

Beautiful shape too. Not that I could have afforded it...by any means....sigh.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-347915/1969-yamaha-yds6c-scrambler/

To many other scoots that I loved are there as well. Norton's, BSA's...Yikes!

Edited by videoarizona
add

I had a 69 350 GTO. I was a great bike, handled well was very fast and that 6 speed gearbox was a delight. Red and chrome. In 70 they went to solid paint and I didn't like that as well. Mechanicals didn't change.

BTW sorry to pick nits but Bridgestone never made a 250. They had a 175 and then in the last days a 200.

No problems with the nits, that was 57 years ago.:no-no-no: Hey I just had long term memory even though I got some of it wrong.

Couple of my riding buds had different bikes, one had a 250 Meguro (? spelling) which was a thumper, the other had the Bridgestone. I was running a 305 CL77 Honda and a 65 Triumph Bonny.:happy65::backinmyday:

:farmer:

Ahhh yes,, once again my lop eared varmint tired old eyes tricked me = must be clouded over with 2 stroke smoke .. Looking forward to maybe seeing some shots and maybe even another AWESOME video starring the H1 when you get a round tuit in the build!

Speaking of dreaming of the days when the wonderful sniff of 2 stroke smoke filled the air,, here are a few shots of my days past. These are a few of the scoots that escaped our inventory sell off and followed us to our new home years ago. The later model Suzy 100cc that starts the pictorial was a favorite of mine. Cool little scoots with lots of charector for sure.. Anyway,, you can probably tell by these few shots that indeed,, you are not alone in your love for big or small wing dingers.. Enjoy brother and thanks again for bringing this thread to life!:happy34:

Love those last two pics Puc.... :thumbsup2: So now I'm confused??? Would they be Pic-pucs or Puc-pics....:whistling: