IGNORED

Pork in the Pines 2019

Bubber

L-R Rod (Regina, Saskatchewan) , Hoss (Brookings SD), Ken ( Regina, Saskatchewan) & Garry (Champlin MN). Another great P.I.P. But sadly it was the last. Times are a changing we're getting older and fewer are still ridding so the thought was to maybe have another get together in a few years. Thanks Steve (Bubber) and Gary (land owner) for all the fun times and the best group of friends ever. Ride safe , Ride on. Bill

IMG_5208.jpg

Well I have been back from the PIP for a few days and had a little time to reflect on the whole thing.

We all had a great time, ate laughed, told stories and shot the proverbial you know what.

Good food, good friends what else could a guy want?

I do want to point out that we finally out numbered those Canadian folks, finally.

We had a few who dropped out due to emergencies, family issues and a tragedy beyond their control.

We missed not having Red and Velma there, who are part of the core group that holds things together. they were sadly missed but not forgotten.

The Canadians that moved to BC in recent years, Laura and Gord, Rick and Marilyn were also unable to attend due to unforeseen issues.

TomPhil and wife were out visiting their son in Vancouver, BC.

Black Owl and BongoBob were there in spirit and remembered by the attendees of the PIP. Salute my friends! We will all miss you. Ride on till we meet again.

Thanks to FreeBird we had a drawing for a Guardian bell which went to SideCar the young man that has MS and that we have adopted as one of our own at PIP. For some reason there was only one ticket in the hat for the Guardian Bell and SideCar was the lucky winner. Leroy his caretaker will properly attach it to SideCar's wheel chair. I can assure you that the drawing was on the up and up, I put the ticket in the hat myself.. Oh wait I think I just spotted the problem. LOL.

The second Guardian bell was unanimously voted to be sent to Laura and Gord out in BC. Congratulations to the winners and may they bring you long life and protection for the rest of your days. Thanks again FreeBird for the bells, you made a young man very happy and grateful to be part of our wonderful organization.

Well all and all it went off without a hitch, well maybe a couple of hiccups, but that is to be expected.

Unfortunately the future of Pork in the Pines is question. As stated by Bill we are getting older and people have moved and interests have changed with time. We talked about moving the PIP to the cities (Mpls and St. Paul) area but no conclusion was reached at this time. We need to think about this and decide if we can get people to come and enjoy each others company and celebrate our Motorcycle interests. For right now future plans are on hold. We still have some money in the kitty to hold at least one more if we go that direction.

Thanks to Gary and Ann for allowing us to hold that last 13 events at there home in LaPorte MN.

Thanks to all who have attended over the years, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts, we enjoyed the time we spent together, the stories you told and the laughs we had over the campfire. I will dearly miss that. Hearing Laura and Marilyn laugh around the campfire was absolutely infectious.

Thank you all for the wonderful times share and made at the Pork in the Pines.

Steve

aka Bubber