IGNORED

CB not turning on. Any sugguestions other than trash it.

Need some ideas on trouble shooting the CB.

Cb is not turning on and not sure how to check or where to check the power supply.

The Tuner works and the Aux. I don't have Cassette Deck anymore. Been removed for years now.

Would like to get the CB back working since I ride with others and we all do not have wireless systems. Also I have used the truckers for getting weather updates and traffic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Shoemaker

1: Check the fuses...in your manual there are 3 fuse locations on the bike. Look for ANY blown fuse. I don't remember, but some circuits are dual purpose...(makes no sense to me)!

2: Check that you didn't accidently mute the CB. The controller on the left handlebar should turn on the CB and you should see some indication of channel, etc..

3: Last, pull the front fairing. Stand in front of bike and look just to the left of the headlight. You should see some large round inline connectors. Pull each one and make sure to plug each back in firmly. You can coat the connectors(not the pins) with a dialetric grease to keep water out. One of these plugs is for the CB...and it may have come loose. Although I can't see how as they are usually pretty tight.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply. I checked all fuses and had the front fairing off. It is the large yellow connector that controls the CB. I need to figure out how to check the power or lack of power. I checked the grounds, took loose cleaned and reconnected.

Does the handle bar controller come apart to check the button to see if it is corroded.

How do you check to see if the cb is getting power?

Brian Shoemaker

Mine would come on, work about 20 minutes then go off. When you tried to turn it back on, you get an “err” message. I replaced my unit and still works good. Got it on eBay for around $150. And remember, the CB is under the travel trunk, so also check wiring under the seat.

When you turn on the CB does the light come on or the display show the channel? If you aren't getting any sound thru it....do you have your squelch turned all the way up (which would pretty much eliminate everything coming thru for sound)

Other thing to check....are your antennas on the right way? A lot of dealers put the cb antenna on the wrong side. CB antenna (the one with the coil in the middle) should be on the left side.

Has the CB worked before?

CB has always worked until this spring.

No changes made over the winter.

The light does not come on.

The CB Channel does not come on display.

I know how and use the CB almost everytime I ride.

Will have to get the trunk off and get down to the wires that are under the passenger seat and trunk maybe a short or something.

I will try and get that done over the weekend.

I need to verify that power is getting to the unit before I replace the black box CB under the trunk.

Does anyone know what wires I need to test?

I think I saw a CB on Pinwheel that is for sale.

Thanks to all Responses.

I know you have owned it a long time and that you know how it operates but I just have to ask. You DO know that it can be turned completely off right?

I know sometimes it might sound like a dumb question but I work in computer support and the number of times you ask the user if it has power...and find out the power bar is turned off or the monitor isn't turned on. Can't make assumptions !

Hold the CB button down til the light comes on!!!!

Then the cb channel can be selected

then press again to change the sqelch and volume!!

Problem no light comes on and cb channels are not available or sqelch

Need to find out which wires do I test to see if CB is getting power.

Download the service manual from this site. Go to page 8-53 and start from there. I'm still thinking you haven't found the backup fuse for the audio system. That fuse goes directly to the CB unit. And no, I'm not sure I've ever seen it either...but I would look under the trunk by the CB unit...maybe the manual says where...

Page 8-61 is the start of the CB troubleshooting guide. They first get you to check the grounds....

Well after removing trunk checking all wire and plugs. I went back to fuse box and found that I had a slight corrosion or film on some of the post. I took a file and cleaned all connection terminals. Flushed with baking soda and the used a wd40 spray. Put all fuses back in and the CB came on. It was the fuse that is labled back up.

Thank you all for info.