IGNORED

LED headlights for RSTD

Chucker31261

I have an 2009 royalstar and would like to switch all three front lights to LED. I am looking for recommendations. I have found a couple kits on ebay but just sure on fitment. Looking for something that is as close to plug and play as possible.

Here is a link to an ebay set I found. Has anyone installed these? or something similar https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Halo-Ring-Headlight-Passing-Lights-Fit-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ1300/282559788361

Thanks in advance.

This looks like the same kit I bought for my 06' RSTD with Yama Mama passing lamps. The headlight fit almost perfect into the backet and its ring, PNP.. The passing lamp pots I did have to modify, in cutting down the bolt that also holds up the lollypops, to make room for the light. the wiring is very short, so not enough room to splice length, so I bored a hole in the rear of the pots and put in a grommet to feed the wiring out. Then had to get rings cut to fit lamps because they are just the size as the pot rings, so the lamps would come out around the factory rings. But those bad boys are bright. had to passing lamps to high beam, so not to blind oncoming traffic or anyone I was following.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered these :

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spec-D-Tuning-7-Round-45W-Led-Halo-Signal-Projector-Headlights-Black-Jeep-Wrangler-Left-Right/296826256

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Enrock-HALO-LED-CREE-IP67-Waterproof-Diecast-Aluminum-4-5-Harley-Davidson-30Watt-2300-Lumen-6500-700K-Fog-Lamps-Black/233894220

To go on my 09 RSTD and my wife's 99 VStar 650

Will let you know how things fit. Both have mama yamma passing bars with stock lights atm. Next step will be leds for the turn lights. But I know that will involve some wiring to get the running light effects I want ;-)

Hopefully some of my info will help you out - I had a few thoughts on the kit you mentioned above -

1st I have seen it cheaper on Amazon -

2nd I shied away from it for our bikes looking at the wattage draw for the headlight being that much higher than the stock lights. Yes I want brighter and better focused lights, bit I also don't want to burn out my existing wireing and/or burn through fuses alot with my conversion.

3rd I have seen a few reviews of that light that showed a less than favorable light pattern - which basically boiled down to how much tinkering I wanted to do to make sure I'm not blinding other ppl on the road to be able to see myself. Even the budget lights I got will need to be aimed, but there was a couple bad reviews on those ones with the high beam being poorly cut off even when perfectly aimed for low beams.

Maybe ese had a better luck with it?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk