IGNORED

My brother and his bout with Cancer. Please be thinking/praying for him/us.

cowpuc

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to post a quick note that I sent to my brother as we are walking out the door here to pick up Birdie.. This is in response to some of the discussions that took place over my visit with Doug (my lil brother who you are all so faithfully praying for):

Little brother, remember yesterday when we were talking about that feeling of "wow,, the world didnt stop going on after we are shut in for periods and then go outside and see people going about their everyday business"? The thought occurred to me that I wonder if that feeling happens as a result of brushing with, having a momentary contact with the entrance of the Valley of Death. We know that, as people who have accepted Christ, when we die we are instantly part of the Great Cloud of Witness's and when we are fully functional here below we dont tend to think about how close we all are of taking the short trip thru that Valley - maybe when we brush past the entrance into that short but real Valley God is giving us a taste of reality of the fact that all things here below are gonna be ok and that He is going to continue taking care of our loved ones even when we are gone.. What do think? I love you Champ, always have! YOU are the best little brother a big brother can have!!

Scott, now this is where your wordiness shines. What a thoughtful series of words that meant much to me. I will never :stickpoke:you again for over saying anything. Brought tears to this lop eared varmint.

:farmer:

Just wanted to post a quick note that I sent to my brother as we are walking out the door here to pick up Birdie.. This is in response to some of the discussions that took place over my visit with Doug (my lil brother who you are all so faithfully praying for):

Little brother, remember yesterday when we were talking about that feeling of "wow,, the world didnt stop going on after we are shut in for periods and then go outside and see people going about their everyday business"? The thought occurred to me that I wonder if that feeling happens as a result of brushing with, having a momentary contact with the entrance of the Valley of Death. We know that, as people who have accepted Christ, when we die we are instantly part of the Great Cloud of Witness's and when we are fully functional here below we dont tend to think about how close we all are of taking the short trip thru that Valley - maybe when we brush past the entrance into that short but real Valley God is giving us a taste of reality of the fact that all things here below are gonna be ok and that He is going to continue taking care of our loved ones even when we are gone.. What do think? I love you Champ, always have! YOU are the best little brother a big brother can have!!

Scott, now this is where your wordiness shines. What a thoughtful series of words that meant much to me. I will never :stickpoke:you again for over saying anything. Brought tears to this lop eared varmint.

Thank you again folks,, your thoughts and prayers and continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated, the familiness and brotherly love of our club never ceases to amaze..

Sly,, you dont have to make any form of apologies nor do anything to change in your :stickpoke: me over my :Im not listening to in both written or verbal form.. While I do understand your point and know that it came right from the heart,, let me let you in on another part of all this that I think you will really appreciate,, it has to do with a brothers love and deep connection with one another:

While tossing memories and sharing the roll down of lifes treasures with my brother,, he looked at me and told me that as his brother, I had the responsibilty of sharing/speaking at his funeral.. While I have done a small amount of Public Speaking,, my brother KNOWS that I get pretty nervous even thinking of doing such a thing, BUT - being my brother who I love dearly,, I made the promise that I would do so. After making the promise, I asked if there was anything special that he would like me to attempt to address.. As he was thinking (he was/is living on Morphine for pain control = he has PLENTY of pain to deal with as the Cancer that is taking his life is now in his bones = TOUGH STUFF:95:), I asked if he would like me to share the Gospel, he shook his head no and said the Pastor will be doing that. He said he wanted me to share memories of our lives together, how connected we were and how important family is,, that kind of stuff.. After saying that, he stopped crying, wiped his tears, looked me right in the eyes and said BUT,, I DO NOT want an 1 1/2 hour Funeral though,, I dont want you to :Im not listening to:missingtooth:.. We both got to laughing so hard we were bothing crying,,, mixed tears too (joy and sorrow)!! After getting beyond those tears,, I looked right back at him and asked just exactly how much time he wanted me to speak,, 2 minutes,, 5 minutes,, 10 minutes, 45 minutes? He smiled and said = 10 minutes.. I chuckled and promised him exactly a 10 minute tale of two brothers who adored each other at times but also did their fair share of :stickpoke::Avatars_Gee_George:...

Wanna hear another something that happened?

Lots of people dont know this side of my brother and I but we (I much more than him) have always been, and will always be Willie Nelson fans. Willie and I go wayyy back.. One of Willies songs that can, by itself, bring tears to my eyes,, is titled 7 Spanish Angels - ever hear it? I will post it here if you haven't.. As I was riding my bike, I started singing that song only, for some reason, replacement words for some of Willies lryics flowed across my lips.. I almost had to stop my bike as I got crying so hard while I sang (to the tune below) that I could not clearly see the traffic in front of me.. Here are those words that brought the tears:

Doug looked deep into my brown eyes,, and said say prayer for me,, I threw my arms around him and said God has set us free,, he could hear the riders coming and said this is my last fight,, when they take me to Fruitport (our home town),, they wont take me back alive.. There were 7 Spanish Angels, at the alter of the Son, they were praying for my brother, in the Valley where it's Won,, when his fighting stopped and the pain cleared, there was thunder from God's throne,,, as seven Spanish Angels took my little brother home...

I think my 10 minutes is going to amount to 1 minute of talking and 9 minutes of :crying::doh:

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Though time will lead us all to ruin, It will never win.

Through our love for one another and out faith

in Jesus Christ we shall live forever.

May God bless you and your family, my friend.

Know you and yours are in our hearts this day.

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Though time will lead us all to ruin, It will never win.

Through our love for one another and out faith

in Jesus Christ we shall live forever.

May God bless you and your family, my friend.

Know you and yours are in our hearts this day.

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks Vic!! Permission to read at my brothers funeral if/when the time comes?

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks Vic!! Permission to read at my brothers funeral if/when the time comes?

I stole the first half from Alfred Tennyson, a favorite poet of mine, whose words lift my heart . The second half is also from my heart and I wrote it myself... Use it all freely.

I support you in every way I can. I will think of your families in the coming weeks. They are fortunate to have your steady hand and great heart at the helm in this difficult time.

Well, I've only known Puc in a one dimensional world here, for a short time and he has really been a tremendous help with my project. I will definitely pray with vigor during this difficult time. I am all familiar with cancer, lost my dad at a young age and my wife currently has Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which by the grace of God , she is managing quite well.

Your brother is in good hands, not only spiritually but also with your family. I believe that Angels are surrounding all of you, to bring you peace and strength.

Sincere thoughts and prayers buddy.

Morning prayers are done. I feel and hope you do, feel a strong presense of th Lord.

I/we do Sly, beyonds words or any other form of explanation, I/we do my brother!! My youngest and her husband are in the process of moving into their new home this week and a month ago Tip and I, way before we got the news about my little brother, had made plans to watch Birdie (Sam, our 2 year old Grandson) for the week while they made the move. When the news broke about my brother last weekend, my daughter called and all but begged me to let them find another sitter. My reply was NO WAY,, that I felt even though it was going to be a tough week that Birdies presense may just be an answer from The Lord about feeling His presence and fighting the gloomies over my brothers condition.. Guess what,, all the prayers are being answered, it's working and so is The Lord (quadruple time!!)!!

Today is my Birthday, I/we are celebrating by spending the morning watching Micky Mouse with Birdie then to my Son's for Birthday lunch of grilled steaks (YUM), then I am heading down to my daughters to drop off a BUNCH of tools (spoiling my Son-In-Law rotten on my Birthday = dont get no better than that) and then to back to my brothers side to pray with and comfort him the best I can. I may try to share the pics below of him and I on a cross country trip bike trip out along the east coast many years ago with him if he is up to it. It's been a rough week for Doug, the Morphine is definitely helping control the pain but the mind can only handle so much of the stuff..

Thank you again EVERYONE for the thoughts and prayers. As my brother and our family continues to take this difficult journey. your consistent and fervent thoughts and prayers are definitely felt and appreciated!

Your friend

Puc

tripdoug08 307.jpg

tripdoug08 355.jpg

tripdoug08 340.jpg

DSCN9832.JPG

DSCN9764.JPG

DSCN9854.JPG

DSCN9853.JPG

DSCN9855.JPG

tripdoug08 330.jpg

tripdoug08 314.jpg

tripdoug08 173.jpg

tripdoug08 117.jpg

tripdoug08 114.jpg

tripdoug08 046.jpg

tripdoug08 064.jpg

tripdoug08 044.jpg

tripdoug08 025.jpg

tripdoug08 005.jpg

Thoughts and prayers Puc to you and your Families. the unity and Strength of your Families will get you thru the Tough days.

I just lost my Father in Law to the dreaded big "C" 2 weeks ago went to Hospital on Sunday evening he had 2 great days surrounded by all his children and Grandchildren, His Faith made his journey easy and he was at peace and ready to join the Lord.

He toke his last breathe on Wednesday evening that same week.

Thoughts and prayers Puc to you and your Families. the unity and Strength of your Families will get you thru the Tough days.

I just lost my Father in Law to the dreaded big "C" 2 weeks ago went to Hospital on Sunday evening he had 2 great days surrounded by all his children and Grandchildren, His Faith made his journey easy and he was at peace and ready to join the Lord.

He toke his last breathe on Wednesday evening that same week.

:( Soooo sorry and deeply saddened to read this @HermanK84VR !! I want you to know that you and your family have my deepest sympathy at such at great loss.. Prayers Up for each of you as you work thru the grieving process at the loss of your Father In Law. Thank you for sharing of the peace and comfort you "Dad" found in The Lord as they took the journey thru the Valley together. Your sharing here meant alot to me my friend (not that I would wish this NASTY STUFF ON ANYONE = I HATE CANCER!!) = THANK YOU for sharing!!

My brother is as comfortable as possible, hospice has brought in a special bed which really seems to help in pain management and general ease of life. I wish I could report to my brothers and sisters here that things seem to be improving but that would be a lie and I cant do that,,, it's really not lookin good and it's hard watching my little brother go thru it all.. I would not wish this Bone Cancer stuff (or ANY form of Cancer) on anyone,, not even my worst enemy - how can flashes of pain even appear thru being fully morphined,, nasty nasty good for nothin rotten stuff I tell ya.

Thanks again everyone for you continued thoughts and prayers! Your gracious and endless support is greatly appreciated!

Puc