IGNORED

Video for us old guys

Venturous Randy

Great video

It makes me think of my older brother. He served in Vietnam, First Air Calvary. He was one of the guys that spent the bulk of his time in the bush. He had friends die there...darned near died himself, but he's like the guy at the counter in that he doesn't wear his service on his sleeve. You wouldn't know that he served just by looking at him. That "Conflict" changed his life and if you happen to be there during one of the rare, reluctant times he talks about it, you'll likely see this tough as nails guy start to break down.

I've never felt the call to serve, but I truly thank GOD that my father survived WWll and that my brother survived Vietnam. I wouldn't be here if Dad hadn't come back, and I can't imagine what life would have been like without Lenny.....He's had quite an impact on my life......the families lifes....

I too would like to offer a sincere Thank You to all our Vets. It's nice to see that, as a nation, we're getting back to a place where it's OK to thank them for their service in public. (I do)

:325:

When I got off the plane coming home after Desert Storm/Desert Shield there was a contingent of Vietnam veterans there to welcome us back. They told me there was no way they were going to let one of us come home without a family to meet us.

When I got off the plane coming home after Desert Storm/Desert Shield there was a contingent of Vietnam veterans there to welcome us back. They told me there was no way they were going to let one of us come home without a family to meet us.
And I think the main reason is we were treated like crap when we returned, and absolutely none of us wants anyone to ever have to go through that again!! I know I will go out of my way to welcome home any and all veterans!!!

War is a horrible thing and if all was right with the world would never happen. My father fought through two wars. WWII with the underground and then later in Indonesia with the Marines Special forces. His only comment to me about it was that your shooting at someone who under different circumstances you might be sharing a beer with. But he also said unfortunately war does happen and when it does, sad as it may be you have to fight back. When someone asked why he fought, he simply said he never fought, he only fought back.

So to those who served and fought back to preserve our rights freedoms and way of life we so cherish I give my thanks, while at the same time hope and pray that the day will come when the fighting stops and we can all live in peace.

When you walk through this massive plane (Oshkosh air show C-5 Galaxy ) it gives me goosebumps and makes us all proud. I thanked the Load Master for his service and he responded “ You’re worth it” had to turn around so he didn't see me welling up. That so moved me. Thanks

P1000140.jpg

The sixties and seventies were certainly a different time. Those who returned back then will attest to that. It did my heart good to see today's response and kindness to the servicemen returning and leaving deployments.