IGNORED

Pocket carry

tufftom4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this seems to be the latest gathering of the gun nuts on here, I thought I'd add my two cents worth :2cents: and ask a question or two. On the derringer, is that part of the Judge line? A friend of mine has one of the revolvers and just loves it. She especially likes the variety of "self protection" rounds and has fired both the .410 and 45 cal rounds out of it. In .45 it kicks like a mule but she loves the "nice big holes" it makes. Like me, she spends a good deal of time on the road by herself [her kids are all over the country] and does not like to travel without it.

I had a Walther PK380. Neat gun and one of the easiest autos to use, something I have to watch as my hands don't like the amount of work it takes to operate most slides. We had a house fire about 2 years ago and the Walther got cooked [managed to save my 22 rifle tho!]. I've spent so much time the last two years away from home, I haven't been able to replace it. I've started looking again to see what's out there. Not a lot of places carry my gun so I've been checking to see what else is available. One gun I was offered is the S&W .380 EZ. Anybody have this? Supposedly designed specifically for folks who have hand problems as I do. I will be checking into it. Any other suggestions from the crew? :scratchchin:

Brenda...found this....don't know how accurate it is but I like my PK 380 despite what he says...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/jeremy-s/walther-pk380-vs-sw-mp380-shield-ez/

I have two .380 pistols and both are Bersa Thunder models. The oldest is the 8+1 and has been an excellant firearm for ten years without any issues and is out of the box dead on shooter. The other is the newer Hi Cap "combat plus" model in earth tone and it is 15+1 and like it's sister is dead accurate.

:farmer:

Edited by Sylvester
correction

I mostly carry my S&W Shield 9 mm but occasionally I carry my old AMT .380 backup for personal protection. By personal protection I mean within 10-15 yards when I’m by myself. A .380 can make a great pistols but don’t rely on them at any distance.

4057da833e29521266b20fc7a002eb66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i carry a G19

bottom line carry what you trust to go bang if you are ever in a gun fight.

most important, is shot placement and capacity.

in a gunfight you experience vision and auditory acuity, so train, train, train. every shot counts.

and finally, shoot till the threat is down. period

I am going to upset some of you but I absolutely love snakes. When working in Texas I would go on snake roundups and get them from pits. Here in North Carolina I caught an Eastern Diamond back on my property and showed some of my neighbors who freaked out. I turned it loose in the forest area and told them it was dinner for a King snake or a Black snake. Little did they know that non poisonous snakes eat poisonous snakes.

Remember I am a little wierd. But even back in Nebraska as a child I loved them. I have only KILLED one snake and that was in Colorado when I started a hunting vehicle in the early morning cold. When I came back to get it all was warm and when I started to get in I heard the rattles. Right on the floor where my legs and feet would be. Scared the crap out of me and a twelve gauge with birdshot did him in, plus a hole in the floor. I still regret that act.

I hear ya Sly!! Here in Michigan a very popular ear tickler of a slitherer (didnt really expect me to refer to a snake as a "lop eared varmint" did ya:happy65:?) is the Blue Racer.. They are soooo cool! We also have LOTS of grass snakes! It's often over looked by those who have learned to fear that which slides gracefully throughout the farmlands and cities here that these reptiles serve as HUGE purpose of pest control as well as how entertaining they are to play with/watch.. Like you, I have always been intriqued by them. On the other though, if I lived in an area where the presence of such would be a threat to my family, I would consider controlling them in my family home/yard area (catch and release if possible) as well as educating my offspring about watching where they step/swim/camp and so on. Personally, I have actually gone looking for the fanged things in far off desert regions not to kill but to enjoy seeing one = I am a little weird too brother :doh:

Wanna hear a short CTFW snake story? Of course you do :178::hihi:

Tip, Tweeks and I were camped in the Everglades right off Alleee Gator Alley - about midway between Miami and Marco Island.. It was beautiful back in the swamp, laying there listening to birds scream as gators chomped on em in the middle of the night,, the kind of sounds that good movies have hidden in em.. I hadnt bothered to set the tent up, just dropped it on the side of a two track a couple miles in off the main road and laid there in the warm Floridian night with Tip curled up beside me and Tweeks stickers glowing in the moonlight,, a real honey moon of a honey moon if there ever was one.. After one particular loud SQUAWK and bone snapping incident, Tip curled in close and says "are you sure them Gators aint gonna come up here and nip us?" to which I replied "naww,, why would they leave the smorgous board they are enjoying down there in the swamp to nibble on us".. Then she said something I hadnt even thought about = "isn't this the area where they are having all the problems with Python's = some over 20 feet in length?".. :scared:,, took me less than 2 minutes to finish popping the tent up :big-grin-emoticon:

I mostly carry my S&W Shield 9 mm but occasionally I carry my old AMT .380 backup for personal protection. By personal protection I mean within 10-15 yards when I’m by myself. A .380 can make a great pistols but don’t rely on them at any distance.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190515/4057da833e29521266b20fc7a002eb66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the AMT back ups I looked at had a double safety and I was really considering it but I got the Ruger at a good price new.

Since this seems to be the latest gathering of the gun nuts on here, I thought I'd add my two cents worth :2cents: and ask a question or two. On the derringer, is that part of the Judge line? A friend of mine has one of the revolvers and just loves it. She especially likes the variety of "self protection" rounds and has fired both the .410 and 45 cal rounds out of it. In .45 it kicks like a mule but she loves the "nice big holes" it makes. Like me, she spends a good deal of time on the road by herself [her kids are all over the country] and does not like to travel without it.

I had a Walther PK380. Neat gun and one of the easiest autos to use, something I have to watch as my hands don't like the amount of work it takes to operate most slides. We had a house fire about 2 years ago and the Walther got cooked [managed to save my 22 rifle tho!]. I've spent so much time the last two years away from home, I haven't been able to replace it. I've started looking again to see what's out there. Not a lot of places carry my gun so I've been checking to see what else is available. One gun I was offered is the S&W .380 EZ. Anybody have this? Supposedly designed specifically for folks who have hand problems as I do. I will be checking into it. Any other suggestions from the crew? :scratchchin:

My derringer is made by Bond Arms out of Texas. It is much smaller than a Judge but shoots the same shells/bullets. It is named Snake Slayer IV. I have a ported barrel that reduces recoil by 20+% and is easy to handle. I don't care for the .45 since if I have to use my weapon it is going to be close and the .410 is what will take the fight out of the adversary. Granted there are only two shots so practice is important. I load mine withe 3" 000 buck. That puts five .357 pellets down range.

Here is a series of pics that Sly sent me to post up for him. I will repost this series over on the other gun thread too as they apply in both areas.. Take it away @Sylvester:

J1.jpgJ2.jpgJ3.jpgJ4.jpgJ5.jpg