IGNORED

passing light mounting bar

I grabbed a light bar for a Honda Shadow and ran it on a couple of my MK1 83's for a long time. It fit under the headlight and its mounting screws lined up perfectly with the screws where the two front cowling halves meet. I think I still have that old light bar around here somewhere if you would like measurements off it to double check with current light bars available.. I am almost positive it was originally for a Shadow 750.. Got it from a Honda Shop that was going out of business, it was stuck in their "bargin bin" and I grabbed it.. It worked GREAT, was fairly easy to wire up and all that but this was at a time before "LED"s and the increased draw on that sissy stator Mom Yam stuck us Mk1 1st Genners with didnt care much for running the spots full time so I had to run them selectively.. Other than that, they were AWESOME on the 1st Gen (IMHO) and looked really cool too (also IMHO)..

For what year model bike? Your profile shows an '83 Venture?

If you are talking about the RSV, there do seem to be some originals around. A quick service came up with this link. There are likely others also.

https://shop.trianglecycles.com/yamaha-star-passing-lamp-mounts-detail.htm?productid=21119959

yes thanks it is for my 2011 havent changed the profile ..

Mike,

Let me know which one you chose as I see two units listed for the RSV's. Difference in price so I'm confused...

When I searched for mine about 2 years ago I had the same issue. The cheaper one is typically the Tour Deluxe mount that has an extra mount into the headlight bucket and does not have the mounts for the deflector wings.