IGNORED

Sorry Its Been So Long

Aussie Annie

Hi to all our Dear friends at VR.Org

I know I haven't posted in here for the longest time.....but the past 12 months or so haven't been good to me. My PTSD has been pretty bad, and aggrevated by an accident I had last June. Had to take evasive action to prevent hitting riders when traffic conditions suddenly changed in front of me!! My body faired a bit better than my trike, but it is all repaired now and back on the road. Took the opportunity to change the colour from blue/black to Sedona Orange and black.

Sometimes life and family seem to take over a little and things go by the by, and you just try to function and take one day at a time. (Have kept up with some of you via FB

In that space of time have also lost friends to the dreaded cancer.

At the end of last year we decided there would be one last big holiday.....so we leave soon to go on a cruise to New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii....and leave the cruise in L.A. 4th May. We will be in the States for a shorter stay, so won't get to see too many of you :crying: but will catch up with some Venture Rider family. States we will be in are: Utah, Missouri, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana and Texas. Just wish we had more time to see more of you!!

Ya'll keep drawing us back :australia:

Good to hear from you Aussie, kept wondering every once in a while as to what may be going on in your life. Good to hear that you are busy carrying on carrying-on. Blessings in all that you do and set you mind to. Stick around here a bit more often so we can keep a handle on your becomings. Say Hi to that old man of yours,,, what's his handle again???? oh yah, QuickStep, and if he gets you lost and you see a sign that says Ontario??? there a bed for you and maybe even some food.

I have been walking through life with this for so long that I think, I wouldn't know how not to.

When it flares I ask what are the recent new events that are influencing, then usually shrink my world to a more controllable number of potential influences and, dial down or out for a short time.

If it's sleep related then I latch on to the last remaining glimpse before waking, and I face it head on, 'what were my options" so I strip away what ever power it holds over me; that leads to some anger but I have learnt to control that making my moments easier and quicker to pass through.

Was asked to leave my "box" with .... My reply was 'if you trust your soul to me to keep safe, then I will trust you with my box" then asked, "well where do you keep your box" "same place you keep your soul"

These memories belong to us and I for one prefer to maintain their safe keeping! Not that I don't trust in others but my corral is built from understanding ptsd and how it came to be a part of my life; so trust and ptsd isn't any easy combination and as you know only the best influences are those we trust;)

Patch

Edited by Patch

Heyyyyyy,, look what da cat dragged in (that's American for GREAT TO HEAR FROM YA ANNIE!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:)!! Wassup Sister!! GREAT to hear you two lop eared varmints from down under in the Land of Oz are coming back to the States. Any chance you may make MD at Dons? Tip, and I would LOVE to see you two and there is good chance we will be able to make it this year (between criss crossing the country for my daughters wedding stuff)!! Tweeks donated her Aussie Sticker to her sister Tweeksis when we retired the ol gal a while back and its still seeing America!! Matter of fact, had er out for few hours today (first ride of the season, still snow in the ditches here) and a guy a gas station asked about that sticker so I got to mention you folks = it's still workin Annie :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the PTSD and other stuff your dealing with,, thoughts and Prayers Up Annie! Hoping all your plans for the summer end up being nothing but filled with GREAT TIMES AND AWESOME ADVENTURE my friend!!

:bighug: to both you and Quickstep!!

Puc

ice to hear from you Anne and say Hello to Quick Step. I was wondering about you. The hat you won me in the bidding war at the NY rally all those years ago Hangs in my Den and so It serves to remind me of you quite often. Not only for that Occasion but all the occasions we shared such as the time you spoke out for me when Quaker steak kept forgetting about me, The time we spent going up the arch in St Louis and your visit to Ontario. Not sure what your Itinerary and time schedule will be, but I will be in the area of Missouri on a couple occasions between June and Sept. Just not sure on the dates but if timing is right

who knows. :bighug: