IGNORED

Experience with pacemakers exhaust?

JBeierDC

I have a wonderful set of cobra pipes on my new (to me) 09 RSTD, however, the community around me has many small children that would be appreciative if I was a little quieter around the neighborhood

I stumbled on to this system online and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or had seen/heard it in person. If there are any others like it people know of or that have a good balance between

being heard on the road in traffic and quiet enough at low rev not to rattle the windows like a freight train going by I would appreciate it.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n41310.html

JB

I just really hope that I never have to change the exhaust on my Pacemaker, I do kind of like that it runs silently......:whistling::stickpoke:

These pipes sound really interesting, I will be curious to see how well they really work in the real world.

I couldn't click on this one fast enough Fool cause I was thinking EXACTLY what you were when I read "Pacemaker Exhaust" in the title :scared:.. :big-grin-emoticon:

I have a wonderful set of cobra pipes on my new (to me) 09 RSTD, however, the community around me has many small children that would be appreciative if I was a little quieter around the neighborhood

I stumbled on to this system online and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or had seen/heard it in person. If there are any others like it people know of or that have a good balance between

being heard on the road in traffic and quiet enough at low rev not to rattle the windows like a freight train going by I would appreciate it.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n41310.html

JB

I built up a Sporty one time with a Patriot Defender stainless exhaust that had a cable controlled "snuffer" (speaking about snuffers,, anyone remember the cool snuffs on the 305 Honda Scrambler = COOL) and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW was that AWESOME for sound control (and performance). While I am at a point in life where I really appreciate stock OEM and the quietness that comes with them, I REALLY like the looks of what I am seeing/reading here DC.. I have bought thru National Cycle and had good luck with them. The ability to adjust volume at the grips would be pretty cool,, not sure about 600 bucks of cool though as I am sure a left over set of OEM's and/or DEFINITELY a set of Harley takeoffs could be had much cheaper.. Your call but either way, looking forward to some :photographing:,s and a ride report/review of the finished product when ya get er done!!:fingers-crossed-emo

HD touring take offs. Usually can pick them up cheap. I recommend unmolested and try them on some long distance stuff. Then decide if you want to mess with them. I had a pair on my RSV and one 1300 mile trip made me decide that even the stock ones I didnt want on there for long distances. Around town were OK, but 8-12 hour days not so much. There will be someone along that just has to have them loud racket makers.

Update: found some stock pipes from another rider near my work that just traded in his RSTD for a new Harley. Still have my eye on the cool idea with these others, but think I'm going to try the free stock pipes first (and maybe spring for a better summer jacket) before dropping 500 for these unseen.

JB

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk