IGNORED

Corbin Backrest Ordered

Just realized that I accidentally posted this in the Tech Library section so have now moved it to Tech Talk. Ordered this about a week ago and they told me to expect about 3 weeks for delivery. I got a notification yesterday that it had shipped. Very pleasant surprise. It should be here by mid week. :happy65:

Looks like it has good arm support for the passenger. The RSV had arm support but the TC not so much. I would like it if you could post a picture with your wife on it so my wife could see it. That is one of the things she misses on the TC.

It also looks like it blocks the speakers a bit, but it may just be the way the picture is.

I'll try. My wife hates posing for pictures. I had the Corbin backrest on my '99 and '05 RSVs as well as my '13 Harley Ultra Glide and she loved them. She really likes leaning back and resting her elbow on them. I expect this one to be just as good but we'll see. Yes, they come out over the speakers and I don't know any way that you could design them so that they didn't but they don't appear to block the speakers at all.

Backrest still shows that it will be delivered tomorrow. We'll see though. It's coming by FedEx and over the past few months, I have lost all faith in their delivery. They used to be among the best but are just horrible now. Apparently this one is on a stagecoach. I've watched the tracking and it's crazy.

Shipped on Friday April 5th from Watsonville, CA

Saturday - Tracy, CA

Sunday - Stockton, CA and California City, CA

Monday - Williams, AZ and Vaughn, NM

Tuesday - Wellington, KS and Niota, IL

Wednesday - La Grange, IL

I guess all their airplanes are down for oil changes.

Maybe it will be here tomorrow as it shows but I'm not counting on it. The last thing that I had delivered by FedEx finally got to a terminal 45 minutes away on a Monday and I finally got it 5 days later on Friday even though out showed "out for delivery" every day that week.

Well the good news is that the backrest actually did arrive today. The bad news is that they screwed up on it. I took it out of the box and sat it on the bike to see how well it matched and was very pleased. Then I took a closer look and noticed that there were no wires for the heat. I called Corbin and sure enough, whoever built it forgot that it was supposed to be a heated backrest. The heater is standard on this backrest and they don't even list one that is unheated. They could not explain how it happened other than somebody just screwed up.

So, FedEx is supposed to pick it up tomorrow and back to California it goes to be redone;

It kind of sucks but it is what it is.

Well the good news is that the backrest actually did arrive today. The bad news is that they screwed up on it. I took it out of the box and sat it on the bike to see how well it matched and was very pleased. Then I took a closer look and noticed that there were no wires for the heat. I called Corbin and sure enough, whoever built it forgot that it was supposed to be a heated backrest. The heater is standard on this backrest and they don't even list one that is unheated. They could not explain how it happened other than somebody just screwed up.

So, FedEx is supposed to pick it up tomorrow and back to California it goes to be redone;

Do you know if the back rest and seats are plug and play

I ordered a full seat and back rest for my RSTD. Had to do a little fitting on the seat mount but with that, I love it. Almost a grand but well worth it. Very comfortable and even my better half says it is more comfortable...

Hate to hear that. Hopefully, it is a one-off issue. At least you got to see it. Did you get the "Asphalt" covered armrests? Those match the rubber trim around the rear of the trunk almost exactly. Hope you were are pleased as we are with it.

Yes, I had it made exactly like yours. Unfortunately, the sage continues. It was supposed to be picked up by FedEx yesterday and they never showed. So I've lost at least two more days assuming that it is picked up on Monday. Not too pleased with Corbin customer service at this moment.

Yes, I had it made exactly like yours. Unfortunately, the sage continues. It was supposed to be picked up by FedEx yesterday and they never showed. So I've lost at least two more days assuming that it is picked up on Monday. Not too pleased with Corbin customer service at this moment.

I deal with freight every day, including FedEx and UPS. While it is entirely possible Corbin dropped the ball I would not be surprised if FedEx is the one who did, especially with a residential pickup. It really doesn't matter as you're the one stuck waiting.

I think you are probably right. I tell you, I've had more than the usual amount of problems lately with FedEx in particular. Absolutely amazing. The same day that the backrest was delivered, I also had a stairlift delivered. They typically consist of one pallet and a bundle of the "two piece" rails that are strapped together. The rails are approximately 9 ft. long. The pallet and the rails were both listed on the shipping documents but the rails were MIA. Not the first time this has happened. The last time, it took about 2 weeks before they finally found them. sitting somewhere at a FedEx facility in Pennsylvania.

On the plus side, FedEx did pick them up yesterday. They usually don't pick up here on Saturday so either they have changed that policy or the email that I sent to Corbin got some attention. Who knows.

Well, my second Corbin backrest arrived on Friday. FedEx screwed up once again on the one that I returned. They picked it up on a Saturday and then tried to deliver it back to me on Monday and again on Tuesday. I explained to 3 different people in their support department and the driver that it had been picked up here from a call tag from Corbin and was supposed to be back on the way to them. They couldn't seem to comprehend such difficult facts.

I will say that Corbin stepped up to the plate though. They were very nice and very professional and ended up making and shipping me a new one instead of waiting on the first one to be returned to them. Ironically, I got notification that it arrived back at Corbin on the same day that the new one got to me.

All that being said, I had time just now to get it installed and am very pleased with the way it turned out. Just as @bucfan11 said, I had to cut their connector off the heating wires and put the one from the factory backrest on it but that was just a matter of cutting and re-connecting two wires. Nothing to it. Including that, the installation took maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

It is cool and rainy here again so don't know when I will get to take the wife out for a ride and her evaluation but I'm sure she will like it as I had the same basic thing on my last 3 bikes.

In the meantime, here are the required pictures.

IMG_1394.jpg IMG_1395.jpg IMG_1396.jpg

It seems delivery (of anything) is becoming a real problem. Up here it can take weeks just to get something cross country, It took FOUR weeks for an AIRMAILED b/d card to get to my brother in the UK. So it arrived late!

I live close to the border, so I am able to drive over & use USPS, on accasion. Last time I did that it only took three days total to deliver a package from Sumas Wa. to Raleigh NC. Pretty impressive!

Your saga Don is not unusual, I do wonder if it's because many more people are now using "mail order" delivery services & they just can't cope with the volume.

I recently looked at ordering some felt polishing bobs for a Dremel tool online. Price... great! In stock.... dispatched in 2-3 days Freight was $5, BUT then it says expected delivery MID MAY!!!!!!!! OK I realise it's because it's coming from China most likely, but a MONTH???