IGNORED

Joined a new club...

Air Ready Auto

It turns out I am now a member of the heart attack survivors club. Long story short, happened about 8 or 9 weeks ago. Didn't know what it was at the time. (First experience with heart issues) 5 weeks ago my wife had her head on my chest and mentioned that my heart sounded funny. I said I had been feeling funny for a few days and she hauls me off to the doctor. A thousand tests later... Turns out I had a mild heart attack and my heart is out of rhythm. I'm still on the younger side but my family history combined with other injuries I have had apparently got me. The wife has me on an all healthy but no flavor diet. I'm still working and doing everything like it never happened. Ignore it till it goes away approach. We will see what happens in the next few weeks. The doctor says everything could go back to normal or my heart rate could be wonky for the rest of my life. I come from a long line of stubborn people so I plan to be around for a while yet.

On a side note, got Lucy fired up and took her around the block for quick knock off the cob webs. Won't be long now and the riding season will be here! Provided that snow machine stays off...

Welcome to the club Justin,

I used to worry more about the fuel pump in my '84 than my own ticker. Never gave it much thought. But as said as we get older stuff sneaks up on ya. I never saw mine coming. I just scored my 3rd attack a couple years back. Now I'm the proud owner of a tuner system. Wish my bike had that to tell me which cylinder was starting to foul out before it sputtered. Sounds like your wife has that covered. But as it was stated..... follow the docs advice..... I have a pit crew now with an on-board monitor that makes reservations with my crew ahead of time. I still like to skip the pit road every few laps myself.

stubborn men.jpg

Sorry to read this brother,,, definitely not something to fool with and DEFINITELY something to keep a really close eye on = PRAYERS UP on your behalf! Something just occurred to me, I cant help but wonder if our V-4's got some kind of an eddy current leaking for their coils or something.. There seems to be an uptake of this stuff goin around the club,, something just seems odd with the numbers of us that are turning to tuners and the like...

At any rate, keep a close eye on that sinus rythm and follow your doctors orders. Maybe even check in with a really good Cardiologist and/or even a Electrotherapist cardio guy if you havent already.. Those guys dont work for cheap BUT they do earn their keep when talking this kind of stuff!!

Fee for advice = 1 homemade tamale to go please :missingtooth:

Geeeez Justin.

Glad to hear that you are still with us, and the docs are getting things under control.

I just had a new tuner installed a week ago, they do got ways to get stuff under control.

As for the flavorless food, Toss in a Carolina reaper and it will have instant flavor, and they are not bad for you. Let me know if you need a few, had a great crop last summer.

I had cancer, they gave me 18 months to live without hope of survival. That was 7 years ago. Apparently I got written up as an anomaly. I had a mild heart attack. Felt wonky and as a first aid attendant I knew it was off. Wife took me to the hospital and I was in for several hours while they did various tests. Mild heart attack and atrial fibrillation ( wonky heartbeat). That was 3 years ago. I am still vertical, riding, cutting firewood, etc. Not much has changed except I have to take blood thinners for the atrial fibrillation and wear a nitro patch. Keep on biking. If they can't catch you they can't bury you.