IGNORED

Getting the collector off.

This collector seems almost like its welded to the rear cylinder headers. I pulled every bolt and opened the clamps and it just won't let go. I don't want to destroy it. I can't even figure out a good angle to hit it with a hammer. Anyone have a tip on this ? I've been yanking on this for two days and I'm running out of ideas. Who's had one get stuck ?

So just checking here, is it from the back side of the motor. I had to actually pull my clamps off. On the collecter its self was an adventure getting the wrench in. Once I got it loose I'm thinking I spread the pipe just a hair and it came right off.. How much rust is there?

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Have you sprayed it with Liquid Wrench penetrating oil and let it sit overnight? WD 40 is not penetrating oil. If you have something that will grip it such as a strap wrench, try twisting it. I haven't removed one, so I'm just guessing!

Tell you what. I have exhaust leaks, but not from that location. I think I'll just replace the other gaskets and work around this. I was going to do a rebuild of the whole exhaust system but I'll skip this part till the collector fails. It looks good other than it won't come apart.