IGNORED

Going to Look at an iPhone Today

GigaWhiskey

Well, been waiting since my birthday and for the tax check to come in so I can go get an iPhone.

As this is supposed to have the ability to switch from listening to music to answering a call with the included earphones, has anyone hooked one of these up on their bike so it works through the intercom system and headsets?

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Gig, there is a price drop along with a slimmer model coming out soon....you might want to wait and see what is ahead for the iPhone.

Well, you have had me busy looking at the iPhone keynote and at those links.

Now I am:bang head:

I know 3G is faster that the EDGE network. The software upgrade looks perty kewl.

I have waited three months and may have to wait three more, making me nuts.

Guest tx2sturgis

Sorry to do that to ya buddy.

I just heard about some of this stuff in the last few weeks...and since the new one may have true GPS...and faster data, it may be worth waiting on....hate to see the value of a current iphone go in the toilet when the new ones go on sale...you know how that works!

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey...just thought of this....looks like you might end up with a 2nd Gen after all!!

:rotf:

even if it is a great phone this is not something id want for this reason

"The battery is (still) not removable"

seems to me apple is sticking to the old batter deal they had with the Ipod's where you cant change them just my 2cents

Dray

Hey Gig, there is a price drop along with a slimmer model coming out soon....you might want to wait and see what is ahead for the iPhone.

Yeah

New model is coming sun, I'll wait a month or so. Well I'm using i Phone on bike, but only as i Pod, no conversation while riding. To Be honest i dont miss that at all. I Know there is some harware on market to interconect phones trough bike IC system.

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey squeeze...I looked over that phone on some pages i found...nice phone...has about everything I could ask for...except a qwerty keypad...my last smartphone had that...its nice when emailing and messaging...

And here in the US its around $600 or more.....lots of bucks for a phone.

Got a good camera, wifi, all the goodies you would ever want.

Brian .. i know, i looked up the Prices in US before purchasing mine here by Ebay. Got a Steal with a 2 Months old with some Extras at about half the new Price, Spiderman3 Video qnd License also is on the Chip..

All i can say, this Phone is great. Yes, it's lacks the Keyboard and posting can be annoying with the standard Phone Keyboard. But you can hook up a Wireless Keyboard via Bluetooth. A Touchscreen like a PDA would be better, but i think, they will hold that back for a further Version.

Having 3 or 4 Calls per Day and 4 Hours hearing mp3 Songs at Speaker and full Throttle while working on the Bike, the Battery lasts more than 2 Days and Evenings. Sound is good. 5 Megapixel Camera is integrated and works fine also.

You even can use it as Modem and connect you Computer by the Phone to whatever is in Range, quad Band GSM, UMTS, Wireless i don't know what else ... this tiny Piece of Art is a technolical Monster.

I am going to put off the iPhone until the 2nd gen comes out.

I did go out and get another 2nd gen though. I picked up an XBOX 360 and HALO 3. This looks perty good on my 61" and in 5.1. I'll have to move my modded XBOX upstairs. Hopefully I can system link them.

So, since I have a new toy, I may not be posting as much!

No need to play on Sony's PS3. I have owned too many Sony products that have broke, like my 57" in the garage that ended up there before it was paid off.