IGNORED

Lets talk about Geezer teeth,,, to partial or not to partial?

cowpuc

WOW!! I thought I was the only one who's teeth that have gone to hell in a hand basket... Very timely subject Puc. My uppers are toast. The bottoms are OK, just a couple of molars that had root canals and then went bad after ten years or so.... So anyone thinking about a root canal...they don't last, and if you're going to fork over the cash you might as well get it done by getting implants. You will anyway later.... For some reason the uppers are a train wreck. They are disintegrating. I have some that have broken off below the gum line, and other where half the tooth cracked off. I had one bicuspid on the right side that got so loose I pulled it myself and saved $350 bucks for my dentist to do it. It was so loose the damn thing almost fell out...

On the the Mexican implants. I've been looking at getting inplants for 6 months now. I came across a local dentist that does mini implants, which is basically dentures anchored with about 4 posts instead of trying to keep them from popping out when they are free floated?? I thought about talking to them to see about the cost, but the question does come up as to food particles getting under the denture?? There are lots of referal websites on having implants done south of the boarder and depending on the cost I may go that way.... Por Que no? It seems that there are quite a few dentistry websites....

My one nagging problem is how much longer am I going to be around, and would it be worth getting a new set of chompers :mo money:

DAG NAB IT YA LOP EARED SHY VARMINT,, wish I'ld of knowed ya done pull tooths cause I would have hired ya last time I was in Fornia!!! :missingtooth:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PRAYERS UP,, wish I was there,,, I would do that quicker than you could say "YIKESSSSSSS" as you jump from the bird!! Never did it but one of my favorite sayings throughout life has been - "CUT THE ENGINE CHARLEY, I'M GOIN IN"!!

? for ya videoarizona,, can you guess what childhood TV of ours I got that from??

Cut the engine VAz,, I'm goin in = YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nope...can't recall that....but sounds like I should know it...cause it sounds like fun!

..I now find myself scared silly of heights. Strange...but just climbing the ladder to the roof gives me the willies. So no...I'm not going with them.

If your depth perception is off and/or you have an equilibrium thing going on, it can cause you to get the willies over heights. I've been this way most of my life due to eyesight and a depth perception issue ... yet being in an airplane ... even a 2 seater, doesn't bother me and I'd have no problem sky diving ... I figure it's because there's nothing else around to associate depth with like a building or whatever.

I rented a 40' ladder and repaired my chimney close to the top which felt high up because it's a two story house. My son and his friend helped me manage the ladder. After I finished, my son climbed the ladder just to see what it felt like and decided he didn't want to go to the top. He said it was scarier climbing that ladder than sky diving which he had done several times. Me, I'll pass on the sky diving.....

Is that when you were on a Fornication.... Sorry, just had to do it... :whistling: :duck:

When they gutted me to give me a fighten chance against Cancer they took EVERYTHING,, in taking all that stuff they had to just about pull everything that was external inside to rebuild me and hook things back up. Bottom line, the possibility for fornicating is longggg gone.. But the Pucster,, he is still here and still able to :witch_brew::stickpoke::witch_brew::stirthepot: with the best of you lop eared varmints:missingtooth:

I rented a 40' ladder and repaired my chimney close to the top which felt high up because it's a two story house. My son and his friend helped me manage the ladder. After I finished, my son climbed the ladder just to see what it felt like and decided he didn't want to go to the top. He said it was scarier climbing that ladder than sky diving which he had done several times. Me, I'll pass on the sky diving.....

I worked the iron for many years, 300 feet up working off 6" wide steel. I also took many Michigan White Tail deer off a 30' high 3'x3' platform while standing with my toes hanging over the edge (or with my heels hangin over the edge if those rascals were coming in from behind me). I definitely had no fear of height and would DEFINITELY LOVE to join the jumpers!! They are getting ready to do something I have always dreamed of..

When they gutted me to give me a fighten chance against Cancer they took EVERYTHING,, in taking all that stuff they had to just about pull everything that was external inside to rebuild me and hook things back up. Bottom line, the possibility for fornicating is longggg gone.. But the Pucster,, he is still here and still able to :witch_brew::stickpoke::witch_brew::stirthepot: with the best of you lop eared varmints:missingtooth:

Hear ya amigo... When they did mine 6 years ago, I lost about 18" of pipe and I got a free appendectomy while they were at it, and my sex drive went up... now it's all in my head... :-) :whistling:

Hear ya amigo... When they did mine 6 years ago, I lost about 18" of pipe and I got a free appendectomy while they were at it, and my sex drive went up... now it's all in my head... :-) :whistling:

:thumbsup:,,, ya know,, not that I am not as thankful as all get out (cause I am) and completely amazed at how far they have come in Cancer research (cause I am) but it's still pretty barbaric when ya think about it.. Basically I think they identify the bad cell areas, then add a few thou (more like 500 thou) of good material and then cut around the edges.. In my case it involved a bunch of ureter tube, some bladder, some glands and of course the whole prostate before they got the whole tumor :fingers-crossed-emo. I never was known much for having an large bladder in the first place (44 oz pop and I would pretty much refill the cup it came out of in less than an hour) but when they got done pulling the ureter back in after slicing off the bad section (thats the tube that goes from the bladder out thru the pee pee for those who might be wondering) and reattaching what remained of it to what remained of my bladder I was left with,,, well,, we wont say,,, on the outside and what seems like a 6 oz bladder.. Pretty crazy when ya think about it.. This stuff was purdy nasty Jack, it was doubling in size every :draming:90 days and by the time they finally found it , the tumor was the size of my fist and it was surgery NOW!! It scared me cause I had just gone thru 1 year of monitoring a small tumor that was cancerous in my prostrate that my daughter came to town for the counsel on and took slides from the U of M back to the Davis team in Sac that she works with to look at. That first tumor had not changed at all but this second one on the exterior of the Prostate that they found a year later was sucking the life right out of me. I kept telling them that I literally could feel life leaving thru my feet - that didnt stop till they removed all the bad stuff. Everytime I stood up I literally could feel life leaving me thru my feet,,, I am a strange one I guess. Tip and I were 20 days away from the birth of our first biological Grandson when we got the news and I BEGGED the Cancer Dr. to hold off so I could see my Grandson. His response was - OH HECK (different word then HECK) NO!!! He said if we wait 30 days you will go from a 65% chance of winning to 40%!! The tumor was already taking all my food for its own use, I was down to 173 pounds from 230 and my face looked like a death camp survivor with eyes all sunk into their sockets.. It all added up to me agreeing to get er done. Been 2 years now (just celebrated the little guy in the pics 2nd B-Day at the end of January) and life seems to be going along great.. I still have these teeth to do, another hand with Dupentrens to do and some hernia repair work to do (around the surgery area - those muscles didnt heal as fast as I thought they would) BUT, after spending a year in the body cast for my broken back, getting my brain fluid leak fixed, getting the new tuner installed (doing AWESOME - heart rate was down in the mid 20's = now no lower than 60 since the install) and then this Cancer thing,, that other stuff seems almost irrelevant :missingtooth:

Just flat out GREAT to be alive I tell ya!!!

Heyy,, not to change the subject but guess what... My AR10 (7.62 NATO/308) should be here by Saturday!!! Just ordered a 50 Round drum for it tonight as well as 500 Rds of Tula 65 grain.. I will post some pics when it gets here before and aft the Drum.

I REALLY like the M4 (flat back) design of my 556 AR15 and went that route with this one too. That M4 gives ya lots more Pictanny on top to work with.

Working on getting things all sewn up here and stuff all sighted in before my daughter and he future hubby get here for there wedding in June. My oldest daughter and her family are also coming from Sac and all of those boys are shooters,, well,,, at least California shooters... I am planning on doing a Bacholer party for those two lop eared California shooter varmints like they wont forget (missed the first daughters wedding cause I was down with cancer, didnt get to do a wing ding for that Son-In-Law so making it up NOW!!).. Gonna take them and the boys here and hit the State Land with full artillery!! :missingtooth:

CANT WAIT,, SHOULD BE A BLAST - well,, at least a bang!!

Wow compared to your ordeal I feel blessed... I know the feeling about that life sucking thing. At the 2011 International in Cody I could barely make it to the restaurant for dinner after riding all day on the way. Ask Lone Eagle?? I'd have to stop two or three times just to get there and generally most were next to the motel. Riding was OK, but walking sucked. When I got back to the barn I parked the scoot and didn't fire it up for over 3 years. After doing all sorts of tests for the heart, and finding nothing, just for the heck of it I filled out one of those DIY poop tests and sent it in. They called me immediately and scheduled a colonoscopy, and that's when they found the tumor. It was big. A month later they were slicing and dicing. Here's where the blessed part comes in. After surgery where they also took 16 of the lymph nodes and the nodes were all negative... The tumor was benign. It still took 21 days in recovery before they cut me loose. Lost 60 pounds in that time. I looked like death sucking on a soda cracker. It also took 6 months to gain back some of the weight before I even wanted to look at the bike again. So compared to what you've gone through I'm a piker biker....

My new thing is the heart. They did a angioplasty and found a blockage in one of the arteries. I thought they were going to stint it, but they decided to leave it alone 'cause there was evidence smaller capillaries were growing into the area, and by-passing the blockage. So I feel lucky...

I think it's time for one more butter pecan ice cream and order of wet fries the next time you're visiting the kids... :-) :essen_018::essen_024::fnd_(16): :backinmyday:

Wow compared to your ordeal I feel blessed... I know the feeling about that life sucking thing. At the 2011 International in Cody I could barely make it to the restaurant for dinner after riding all day on the way. Ask Lone Eagle?? I'd have to stop two or three times just to get there and generally most were next to the motel. Riding was OK, but walking sucked. When I got back to the barn I parked the scoot and didn't fire it up for over 3 years. After doing all sorts of tests for the heart, and finding nothing, just for the heck of it I filled out one of those DIY poop tests and sent it in. They called me immediately and scheduled a colonoscopy, and that's when they found the tumor. It was big. A month later they were slicing and dicing. Here's where the blessed part comes in. After surgery where they also took 16 of the lymph nodes and the nodes were all negative... The tumor was benign. It still took 21 days in recovery before they cut me loose. Lost 60 pounds in that time. I looked like death sucking on a soda cracker. It also took 6 months to gain back some of the weight before I even wanted to look at the bike again. So compared to what you've gone through I'm a piker biker....

My new thing is the heart. They did a angioplasty and found a blockage in one of the arteries. I thought they were going to stint it, but they decided to leave it alone 'cause there was evidence smaller capillaries were growing into the area, and by-passing the blockage. So I feel lucky...

I think it's time for one more butter pecan ice cream and order of wet fries the next time you're visiting the kids... :-) :essen_018::essen_024::fnd_(16): :backinmyday:

Prayers Up on that heart stuff brother!! That blockage business can be nasty stuff and is DEFINITELY something to keep a very close eye on. DEFINITELY thinking a plate of wet fries and an ice cream is in order here only if your gonna pre-order down a Leatherby's in Oak Grove for us,,, make sure my cone is of the "Butter Nut" type will ya brother:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::dancefool::Bunny:

Prayers Up on that heart stuff brother!! That blockage business can be nasty stuff and is DEFINITELY something to keep a very close eye on. DEFINITELY thinking a plate of wet fries and an ice cream is in order here only if your gonna pre-order down a Leatherby's in Oak Grove for us,,, make sure my cone is of the "Butter Nut" type will ya brother:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::dancefool::Bunny:

10-4 on Leatherby's Elk Grove Bro- I don't know if they have wet fries, but if they don't I'll order up a pile of fries and a bowl of gravy and we can make our own... :thumbsup2:

10-4 on Leatherby's Elk Grove Bro- I don't know if they have wet fries, but if they don't I'll order up a pile of fries and a bowl of gravy and we can make our own... :thumbsup2:

Sounds AWESOME!! And I bet those fries dipped in gravy will taste GREAT,,,, but,,, not as AWESOME as that order of "Freebie Fries" you and I ATTACKED up on Mt. Hood :hihi: during the Dalles Rally,,,, aint nothing that adds to the flavor of good food shared with fine company like = "anybody want this left over order of wet fries, we just made them and they are FREE :178::cool10:"

My hand went up quicker than 10 year old kid getting chased by the cops for lightin fire crackers :rotf:

Sounds AWESOME!! And I bet those fries dipped in gravy will taste GREAT,,,, but,,, not as AWESOME as that order of "Freebie Fries" you and I ATTACKED up on Mt. Hood :hihi: during the Dalles Rally,,,, aint nothing that adds to the flavor of good food shared with fine company like = "anybody want this left over order of wet fries, we just made them and they are FREE :178::cool10:"

My hand went up quicker than 10 year old kid getting chased by the cops for lightin fire crackers :rotf:

That was a great experience. I hadn't had any wet fries since high school. Back then it was like American Graffiti. The Friday and Saturday night cruise thru Henry's and Farmer Boys Drive In's in Alhambra CA. Drag racing up and down Valley Blvd driving the cops nutz... They were about 3 blocks from each other and we used to make the loop and eventually getting a spot. The order of the day was a Chocolate Coke and Wet Fries... The car hops all wore roller skates... You'd turn your lights on for service.... Gawd those were the days.... :-) MOF I just received a notice that my 60th reunion is scheduled for October.... :backinmyday::yikes:

I spoke to my wife about implants. She had 5 implants about 6 or 7 yrs ago. She said they cost $3k for the stud and $1500 for the cap each. She also said she thought they were $1k in Costa Rica. I got my countries mixed up. Her friend went to Costa Rica not Guatemala. Either way it ain't cheap but seems to be much preferable to dentures. I am curious what "Clear Choice" can do them for. They claim they install all the implants at one time which sounds terrifying but I suppose it works out. They also speak of a finance plan to pay for them.

Just to let everyone know.... The 3 generations did the skydive thing this Saturday. They all loved it. Everyone at the place came out and applauded when grandma landed. Great team there!

Pictures next week sometime...

Now back to your regularly scheduled teeth...

https://www.12news.com/mobile/article/news/local/arizona/100-year-old-crosses-off-bucket-list-item-sky-dives-in-arizona/75-83a9bb93-5dd2-4eb4-98ef-8093f08d040a

Edited by videoarizona
Update

I spoke to my wife about implants. She had 5 implants about 6 or 7 yrs ago. She said they cost $3k for the stud and $1500 for the cap each. She also said she thought they were $1k in Costa Rica. I got my countries mixed up. Her friend went to Costa Rica not Guatemala. Either way it ain't cheap but seems to be much preferable to dentures. I am curious what "Clear Choice" can do them for. They claim they install all the implants at one time which sounds terrifying but I suppose it works out. They also speak of a finance plan to pay for them.

I've heard some real horror stories about implant pricing from Clear Choice.... My brother had one done and it ran him 5 g's. For the amount they do vs. the advertising they do, someone's got to be picking up the cost... Can you imagine what it would run to have them all done at once>>> :mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:...... Probably more than I paid for my house...

Just to let everyone know.... The 3 generations did the skydive thing this Saturday. They all loved it. Everyone at the place came out and applauded when grandma landed. Great team there!

Pictures next week sometime...

Now back to your regularly scheduled teeth...

https://www.12news.com/mobile/article/news/local/arizona/100-year-old-crosses-off-bucket-list-item-sky-dives-in-arizona/75-83a9bb93-5dd2-4eb4-98ef-8093f08d040a

Fantastic. That is on my bucket list. Don't know if I'll ever get I done or not.

Actually after poking around on the net there are quite a few just over the Mex boarder, and in driving distance from the US. Costa Rica is a long flight, and don't forget your passport... ;-)

You need the passport for Mexico as well.....

To be precise, you need nothing to go into Mexico....you need the passport to come back into the US. But yes, there are good dentists (I've heard from neighbors) right across the border in Nogales, just south of where I live. Other than that, I know nothing, nothing!