IGNORED

Glock 22

tufftom4

I went Sunday to the range and fired my guns and had a blast but while shooting the Glock I felt something on my trigger finger and looked over and the roll pin above the trigger pin had popped out so I pushed it back in now after every shot the slide locks back. My nephew thinks its the little spring in the assembly and I just hope that it is still in there come this weekend we will find out.

I went Sunday to the range and fired my guns and had a blast but while shooting the Glock I felt something on my trigger finger and looked over and the roll pin above the trigger pin had popped out so I pushed it back in now after every shot the slide locks back. My nephew thinks its the little spring in the assembly and I just hope that it is still in there come this weekend we will find out.

Cant you just pull it down and make sure all is well? What Model of Glock is it Tuffy? Got pics?

Guns a FUN to tinker with!!

glocks are really popular but what I read about them makes me wonder. When the military got new handguns to replace the .45 they didn't consider the Glock because it had the record of having the most accidental firings. Now I understand they selected a Glock type handgun for their next replacement.

A forum member on the F150 board has a ranch in Texas and it has a firing range. He said that a guy was firing his Glock and something broke in it and caused it to fire automatically until it was empty. After that he won't allow a glock to be used at his range.

I was working at Nine Mile Point Nuclear Power Plant on 9/11/2001. The NY governor ordered the National Guard to help the Sheriff's dept guard the nuclear facility. At the gate a deputy was showing his glock to a female deputy and shot her in the foot. I suspect he didn't get a date.

I'll stick to my Sig Sauer P226 or similar with a hammer so I know it can't fire until cocked.:duck::witch_brew:

I have not had a Glock gun in my safe since 1999 and that was a 21 given to me by my son. Never got used to it and even with the adjustable sight it was shooting way left. Even the range officer (who was also an armorer) could not figure it out. Let my son use it as trading stock. But going forward, I shot his Gen 4 Mod. 19 at his range in Asheville and I loved it. Very accurate and easy trigger pull.

But I have a love for Bersa products and last fall I bought a Bersa Thunder Pro 9 HC (17+1). Out of the box it is dead on accurate and swallows any 9mm I put in it. Nice full size weapon with 4.24" barrel. I also have a Bersa Thunder .380 Plus 13+1 that I love and a Bersa Thunder .380 7+1.

:farmer:

I never did have the honor of owning a Glock either.. Matter of fact,, my very favorite and best fitting (to my hands) and coming to point of aim is the Beretta 92f but I aint even got to own one of those either.. I keep trying to wear out my 1911 (just ordered another 1k rounds of 200 grain flat nose for it) and it keeps going and going and going,, like its got SuperMan shootin dna in it or something..

Ahhh ohhh Sly,, I think we just :hijacked: another one!!:sign67:

Hope you get er figured out and get back to tossin lead @tufftom4!!

I have a glock 22 and 23. I carry one or the other every day and have shot several hundred round through each. Never had one misfire, jam, or any other issue with either. It is all what you are use to and comfortable shooting. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire and you wont have a problem. Plenty of people complain about the M9 Beretta in the Army but most of them can't shoot to begin with. I had no issues carrying or shooting the M9 in my Army career. Now they are switching to the SIG and I will be comfortable with it as well.

I have a glock 22 and 23. I carry one or the other every day and have shot several hundred round through each. Never had one misfire, jam, or any other issue with either. It is all what you are use to and comfortable shooting. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire and you wont have a problem. Plenty of people complain about the M9 Beretta in the Army but most of them can't shoot to begin with. I had no issues carrying or shooting the M9 in my Army career. Now they are switching to the SIG and I will be comfortable with it as well.

Thanks for your service in protecting our way of life living free Koz :usa::usa:!! Do the M9's still have the decock/safety up on the slide or are they down on the frame on that Military model of the 92? Does any of the above shooters have a little better "feel" to it than the rest in your opinion? Many years ago I got to playing around at a gun show slipping a lazer round into chambers and lifting the weapon up without using sites to see which model came to (what I call) true point of aim for me by pointing at a spot on the Arena's wall (one of the Vendors had his sell bench set up to do just that). Ironically, the Beretta 92f was so spot on it was scary. I was shooting a Smith 29 for hunting back then and that model with stock grips pulled low consistently. The 1911's (which is what I shoot A LOT) all went high on me but WOWZY - that Beretta was AMAZING. Unlike you, I shoot for fun and dont pack for my job so to speak like you but someday when one pops up at a steal I am going to grab one!!

Thanks for your service in protecting our way of life living free Koz :usa::usa:!! Do the M9's still have the decock/safety up on the slide or are they down on the frame on that Military model of the 92? Does any of the above shooters have a little better "feel" to it than the rest in your opinion? Many years ago I got to playing around at a gun show slipping a lazer round into chambers and lifting the weapon up without using sites to see which model came to (what I call) true point of aim for me by pointing at a spot on the Arena's wall (one of the Vendors had his sell bench set up to do just that). Ironically, the Beretta 92f was so spot on it was scary. I was shooting a Smith 29 for hunting back then and that model with stock grips pulled low consistently. The 1911's (which is what I shoot A LOT) all went high on me but WOWZY - that Beretta was AMAZING. Unlike you, I shoot for fun and dont pack for my job so to speak like you but someday when one pops up at a steal I am going to grab one!!

The decock is on the slide of M9. I have short fingers so the beretta fit my hand very well compared to glock or SIG. I like the reliability and consistency of the Glock which is why I chose it to carry. I started to shoot IDPA but the .40 is a little to powerful to try and shoot competition, harder to get the next round on target with speed compared to a 9 mil.

I have several Glocks. I have heard you either love them or hate them. Well, I like them but I am really a revolver guy. I am on neither side of the love hate thing. I do like them. People often say but there is no safety. Well first off your finger is the best safety. Most revolvers do not have a safety.

With my Glocks I have fired premium ammo to cheap stuff, truncated, hollow points, ball, plus reloads of the same type bullets to include lead with no problems. Glock says not to shoot lead because of the cut of the rifling is suppose to lead up much worse. I hate to shoot lead anyway.

Over the years I think I have heard all of the myths dreamable about Glocks. Probably most were started by the 1911 guys. Most of those guys believe if it is not a 1911 it is not a gun. I like my 1911 too. It does fit my fat hand and short fingers better than the Glock. Plus, I like power as in 357 and big bores as in 44 mag, 45 ACP, and 500 S&W Mag.

I just bought a Browning Hi-Power. Love it. It actually made me a better shot. It is accurate.

However, when carrying concealed I want to be able to pull the gun out and squeeze the trigger without any other movements to get it to go bang. Often I carry the S&W 340 PD, no safety and no hammer. Only holds five 357 rounds. If I need more than 5 I am probably screwed already. Of course I have a couple of speed loaders with it.

I am not big on 380s (just me) but I do carry at times the Ruger LCP because it is so small, flat, no safety, double action, reliable, and I got it very reasonable. I have carried the full size Glocks in 9mm and 40 S&W.

All of them may break at so point. Just get them fixed. The main safety is the finger. Obviously the idiot who shot the person in the foot should maybe be recycled through a "Proper Handling of a Handgun" course. Or maybe he doesn't need to own one.

Speaking of concealed carry, a couple of years ago Tip, Tweeks and I were CTFW across this great land of ours and decided to stop at a Walmart out in Nevada to resupply (thats 2 up biker talk for, Tip wanted to shop for sovieners for the Grandkids in California :beer:). I think this was in Sparks NV if memory serves correctly.

So we are walking thru the store,, I said LOOK Tip, there is another one!! She says SURE ENOUGH, HOW COOL IS THAT!! Passed by a couple more and then a young guy and his wife with a little one between em walked by and they too, like the few others we had noticed, both had a handgun hanging on their sides:guitarist 2:. We got into a conversation with the two of them about open carry. They were telling us about a horrible shooting that had takin place out there somewhere and how that incident had sparked (no pun intended) a revival of honoring the 2nd Amendments right to open carry as, apparently, the shooter who took the lives of innocent people on that dreadful day had no competition from the civilians who were not armed and the police were unable to protect them - as I recall, the young man said something along the line of: It was like shooting fish in a barrel for that terrorist.

Even though our home state of Michigan is still a free land and clearly allows open carry, I have never experienced that extent of the practice here at home. I know that LOTS of people here carry concealed but I gotta say, the "feel" while shopping in that environment was amazing. Just knowing that the bad guys would have to be blind to not realize that the citizens were no longer dependent on someone with a badge to keep them safe brought about a calmness not seen for a long time IMHO.

NC is an open carry state. I'd rather carry concealed though. If a bad guy needs to be stopped, I'd rather he didn't know I had a weapon until it was too late for him. Who wants a fair fight? I want the upper hand if at all possible. But you can never know how anything will go down if something bad happens. You may or may not have a chance to do anything about it.

My brother-in-law used to run a full service gas station like the days of old. One night a car parked at the outer edge of his parking lot and two guys came in, one white, one black. He was suspicious of them and kept his eye on them and his 1911 in his hand with the hammer cocked behind the counter. They hung out for a few minutes and left. A short while later, he heard over his police scanner that a salt and pepper team had robbed a store down the road a few miles. Being observant saved him that night or saved them. He was a tough guy. Drunks used to come in the store and give him a hard time and they would promptly get thrown out. He had several jammed knuckles from punching out people who sorely needed it.

Speaking of a fair fight, I used to watch a lot of history shows on the history channel on tv. I watched a lot of shows about the old west. The movies might lead you to believe that gunslingers faced each other all the time to see who was the fastest. But I learned that there was only one documented gunfight like that. Wild Bill Hickok faced a guy with 75 yards between them. The other guy drew and shot first and missed. Wild Bill then put a bullet through the guys heart which is an amazing shot at 75 yds with the guns of the day. The other guy had won Wild Bill's watch in a poker game and WB told him he better not see him wearing his watch. The guy wore it and they had the fight. According to the history shows, people usually got shot in the back.