IGNORED

Fastest Gun Ever - Bob Munden

Yep he's the real deal there. I've seen him preform once at a sportsmans show many years ago. The film don't do the guy justice. He also can get 2 shots off so fast that it sounds as one. Not only that but he's quite the marksman as well thou his speciality id fast shooting.

Larry

There's no doubt this guy is fast but I'd like to see his guns to see what trigger modifications he's made. I can't believe he can shoot this fast with a typical stock revolver trigger. If he is then that makes this even more incredible.

There's no doubt this guy is fast but I'd like to see his guns to see what trigger modifications he's made. I can't believe he can shoot this fast with a typical stock revolver trigger. If he is then that makes this even more incredible.
The gun is a normal operating gun he pulls the trigger as he draws and fans the hammer to fire it. He doesn't just shoot that fast he hits the target in the process.

Guest Vermincelli

real deal and his gun's are all custom but he's also quick as heck with stock guns as well.

Not as fast shooting but reload is pretty insane. Jerry Miculek

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rEnEQkYaQ&feature=related]YouTube - Fast Shooter[/ame]

The gun is a normal operating gun he pulls the trigger as he draws and fans the hammer to fire it. He doesn't just shoot that fast he hits the target in the process.

I met Bob back in the early 70's while working for a national gun manufacturer. The gun is far from normal. The torque on the hammer spring is a bunch, and it only has to be barely pulled back from the fireing pin to have enough force to set off the primer. The moving parts are highly finished to reduce any possible drag. His early model Colts came with a modified half hook hammer for fanning purposes, but the gun used in the clip looked like it had an extended hammer tang instead of the side curl. I had a chance to do a face off with him, with a redlight greenlight signal, and my gun already cocked. I lost of course.... :-) He could draw, fire, and holster quicker than a normal hammer could fall. It was and still is an awesome demontration of speed and reflexes....:thumbsup2:

I met Bob back in the early 70's while working for a national gun manufacturer. The gun is far from normal. The torque on the hammer spring is a bunch, and it only has to be barely pulled back from the fireing pin to have enough force to set off the primer. The moving parts are highly finished to reduce any possible drag. His early model Colts came with a modified half hook hammer for fanning purposes, but the gun used in the clip looked like it had an extended hammer tang instead of the side curl. I had a chance to do a face off with him, with a redlight greenlight signal, and my gun already cocked. I lost of course.... :-) He could draw, fire, and holster quicker than a normal hammer could fall. It was and still is an awesome demontration of speed and reflexes....:thumbsup2:
I didn't say the guns had not been customized I said they operated normally and they do. The gun he is using can be cocked aimed and shot with the trigger. It doesn't matter how much torque the hammer spring has if it doesn't get pulled all the way back the cylinder will not turn and bring up the next round.:rasberry:

I wittnesed my instructor at post academy shoot the whole course in under a minute and a perfect score. That's 60 rounds, 18 at 25 yds. in three diff. stances, and offhand and kneeling at 7yd. and so on all while moving and reloading. They did have extra mags. loaded and ready however. Thought that was pretty impressive but not as much as this one. They showed these films at academy of him and others.

I didn't say the guns had not been customized I said they operated normally and they do. The gun he is using can be cocked aimed and shot with the trigger. It doesn't matter how much torque the hammer spring has if it doesn't get pulled all the way back the cylinder will not turn and bring up the next round.:rasberry:

OK if you want to split hairs you did say normal, but...you failed to add the term customized... The intent did read more like you were refering to a normal 'out of the box' gun, trying to maximize effort and down play equipment contribution. All you have to do is modify the pawl, and the cylinder rachet to get it to advance to the next cylinder, and indexing isn't a super critical issue because he's shooting blanks and the ballons broken at close range by the muzzle blast. :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

OK if you want to split hairs you did say normal, but...you failed to add the term customized... The intent did read more like you were refering to a normal 'out of the box' gun, trying to maximize effort and down play equipment contribution. All you have to do is modify the pawl, and the cylinder rachet to get it to advance to the next cylinder, and indexing isn't a super critical issue because he's shooting blanks and the ballons broken at close range by the muzzle blast. :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

yeah, right , jack.

and them quarters bent, 'cause he just plain scared the crap out of them.

lol

just jt

yeah, right , jack.

and them quarters bent, 'cause he just plain scared the crap out of them.

lol

just jt

That was a good one Mike, we all needed a good laugh, and you're saying he only uses one gun for both his target shooting and fast draw demo's.... Jeeze!!! :rotfl:

That was a good one Mike, we all needed a good laugh, and you're saying he only uses one gun for both his target shooting and fast draw demo's.... Jeeze!!! :rotfl:
I have seen him do his quick draw then with the same gun turn the gun up side down and cut a card in half at 25 yards. The gun is custom but he can do the same thing with a stock out out of the box gun just a couple hundredths of a second slower. The man is very good and the guns have very little to do with it.