IGNORED

Brake delink questions

mantree91

I found a set of vmax front brake lines on ebay for $16 usd. So now my question is what to do about the 2nd brake line from the rear master cylinder. eventually I will swap for ss lines all around when I build my leading link front end for the sidecar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When I do my new front end he lines will have to be longer to be kept neat. Which is why I was going to go for the vmax parts st this time. Dose anybody know what size he banjo bolts are. I am going to have to rebuild my front calipers so I could just fined out that way but if someone knew that would be great.

I used a Vmax splitter, universal lines and R6 calipers, which I had to go through before use.

IIRC, I cut a ~4" x 1" slab from some 1/8" aluminum stock, then drilled one end for the VMX splitter and the other to bolt to the front lower of the steering tree, mostly to just get it to where it's position was natural for the brake line lengths. I cant recall where exactly I bolted it and cant seem to find the pic, but I did use some blue loctite to make sure it didn't wiggle loose over the miles. It's been a couple seasons and it does just what it should.

It's -12 deg right now and the bike is outside under cover, I can get a pic as soon as the weather breaks a bit. If you take the splitter and start looking around the front of the forks where it has to go I think you might see what I'm talking about.

I like Skydocs kit, it just didnt fit within my self-imposed budget for this machine. Now if I had a source for universal steel braided lines locally my life would have been a whole lot easier, as it is I used what I had on hand, which included aftermarket lines for all 3 fronts and the Vmax splitter. I had too use aftermarket lines as the OEM lines did not fit properly onto the R6 calipers, which I also installed at the time.

I used a Vmax splitter, universal lines and R6 calipers, which I had to go through before use.

IIRC, I cut a ~4" x 1" slab from some 1/8" aluminum stock, then drilled one end for the VMX splitter and the other to bolt to the front lower of the steering tree, mostly to just get it to where it's position was natural for the brake line lengths. I cant recall where exactly I bolted it and cant seem to find the pic, but I did use some blue loctite to make sure it didn't wiggle loose over the miles. It's been a couple seasons and it does just what it should.

It's -12 deg right now and the bike is outside under cover, I can get a pic as soon as the weather breaks a bit. If you take the splitter and start looking around the front of the forks where it has to go I think you might see what I'm talking about.

I like Skydocs kit, it just didnt fit within my self-imposed budget for this machine. Now if I had a source for universal steel braided lines locally my life would have been a whole lot easier, as it is I used what I had on hand, which included aftermarket lines for all 3 fronts and the Vmax splitter. I had too use aftermarket lines as the OEM lines did not fit properly onto the R6 calipers, which I also installed at the time.

Thanks it's about 12 degrees f here -11 or there abouts c here. I was working in the garage stripping the calipers for rebuild and paint, the lace heater was hardly keeping up and the top hat puts off to many fumes to run in such a small place. I will go with ss lines eventually, I will have 5 made for the venture and 2 for the cb750. I will be using the low pressure line from the rear to run the sidecar brake (since the car spends most of its time unloaded it would brake traction easer if it got the same power as the rear brake.