IGNORED

Saturday and bored.

s.tyler58

After a minute in the deep freeze, it's warmed up to around 40 Degrees today. Another Saturday of standing in the garage getting the 83 fired up and running for a bit. It's not going to be too much longer before we can get out again. Guess I better get that new rear tire ordered and on because it's so sad to miss that "First, Great, Lovin' Life, Gorgeous day filled with the promise of Spring"!

Anyway, I ran across these photo's of my '80 1100 Goldwing from 2009. To see her now, I realize how little appreciation for the excellent condition she was in! In my ignorance, and before sinking super dumb money in the Venture, I let her go cheap because I didn't have interweb friends like you and she was just too expensive for me at the time to pay to do the seemingly minor mechanical work that she needed.

I like the Venture much more except for missing the access to storage on that Jammer! I also loved the sound of that little four through those Jardin headers. Like a dune-buggy!

DSC05396a.jpg

DSC05380.jpg

DSC05204.jpg

DSC05199.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

DSC05200.jpg

No time to be bored today, I designed and fabbed up some brackets for a new trike company that will debut in Daytona next month. Tomorrow will be 50 degrees warmer than it was a few days ago so I'll be out on the Venture burning up some miles. Mid 60s in February :7_2_104[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_2_104[1]::banana::banana::banana:

8-rhonda.jpg Holy cow Sty, that's our first Big Bike!! Ours was an '83 naked (obviously!~), and we rode it across the Continent five times without a hiccup, starting in late Spring of '84.

We were running a Mom 'n Pop small community weekly paper, averaging 100 hrs a week - nobody else would get up in the middle of the night to take fire 'n accident fotos. Every time we started biting Folks heads off, they'd tell us 'where to go'... on the Bike!~

Those were great days, and Rhonda was a great ride. Wish we still had her; next Best-ever-Bike was our '09 RSTD, but by that time we were in our '70s, and that top-heavy issue became too much for us to handle.

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Man I really have missed those Windjammer fairings. Those were the days you could "build your own" touring bike. I dont think anybody makes an aftermarket frame mount fairing now.
In the spring of O9 I was actually able to contact the Windjammer inventor/ builder guy's wife and bought four of the rubber trunk mount new from her!

I really never got her together enough to be confident to ride more than an afternoon or so away from home and back. And it was just too short in the legs for me. Too close to the ground and I couldn't get my foot pegs far enough away to just be comfortable hour after hour like I can on my Venture.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks similar to the Windjammers. This is a 750 Hondamatic that I bought a few years ago. The ride home was the only time I was on it. Sold it very quickly. Was a very nice bike and the only automatic I have ever owned except for some small bikes like the CT90 and etc. I bought it to re-sell so just didn't ride it.

41307_425949414389_4258951_n.jpg

It actually got up to 60 today in W. Ky. so some of our group went for a lunch ride. Wound up covering about 125 miles. 6 bikes and a nice ride.

We need to get together sometime. I put in about 225 today through W KY and ILL. Karbers Ridge and Garden of the Gods.

Correction/explanation necessary.

When we said "That's OUR Bike..." we had forgotten the changed paint scheme in our inserted photo.

A local Detailer owed us serious coin for advts., and suckered us into accepting a "Gorgeous" custom paint job in dark, dark green as payment for the Overdues. Our Rhonda's original color was exactly the same as Ty's, and the new green version was borderline AWFUL. Lessons learned; at least we got him off The Books.

Rgds, WRIDR

• 2 months later...
Correction/explanation necessary.

When we said "That's OUR Bike..." we had forgotten the changed paint scheme in our inserted photo.

A local Detailer owed us serious coin for advts., and suckered us into accepting a "Gorgeous" custom paint job in dark, dark green as payment for the Overdues. Our Rhonda's original color was exactly the same as Ty's, and the new green version was borderline AWFUL. Lessons learned; at least we got him off The Books.

Rgds, WRIDR

We have more than bikes in common. I started working at 10 years old scooping lead shavings out from under the linotype! Sorting leads and slugs, setting hand type headlines, pulling proofs on the proof press. Until I turned 30, I was a fourth-generation typesetter in a family of small newspaper owners. Your story about being owed advertising money brings to mind how my dad often tells the story how as a kid everybody would get to lineup for the relief trucks when they came to town but not him and his brother and sister. Grandpa owned the newspaper in the car dealers still had money for advertising so dad was never poor enough to get relief. They never had money but they always had somebody owed him something! I was actually a professional proofreader in 6th grade!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote from Styler... "We have more than bikes in common"

Wow!! Blew us awaaaay with this one, Bud. One of the first things learned was not wearing short sleeves when messing with lead 'pigs'. Bare arms end up covered in 'splatter burns', right?

Get back to you later. Our Rescued Golden Retriever (39 Puppies before 4th Birthday) needs to go chew some grass. Better at 10 pm than Midnight last night. Poor old Soul is slowly recovering 18 months later. She still has issues, but we love her dearly.

Rgds, WRIDR