IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's not to be, not atm anyway. See my post 441 above.

I ordered the Kentucky LR Kit on 4th Aug. Supposedly it was "in stock" to be delivered to my local Cabela's within 5-8 working days. Now been 11 working days plus two weekends & there was no sign of it so I canceled the order. Cabela's were very helpful & good about it, so no complaint really.

Anyway, while I was waiting for the kit to arrive I happened to come across this:

It's a "modern" 50cal in line muzzle loader by CVA.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/116276/cva-accura-mr-mountain-rifle-nitridestainless-steelrealtree-max-1-muzzleloader-with-konuspro-3-9x40-ir-scope-and-gun-case-combo

So I bought it!

Looks to be little used made in 2014 & seems to be in good condition it had no case but does have a 3-9x40 Bushnell scope, good quality sling & powder storage/ measures. So having never shot any Black Powder, now I'm on a very steep learning curve re Powders, charges, sabots, bullets powerbelts, etc. etc. Great fun! But my brain hurts! LOL

My other half said to get 'em both but I think that's a bit overkill.

I may try the Kentucky LR (It'll be on sale again) at a future date but for now I'll see how I get on with the more modern one.

Edited by Kretz

Nice 50 Kretz. I picked up a similar style Knight 209 rifle in 45cal. probably 8-9 years ago. It was my first BP, and I guess started my BP craze... Never have shot the thing, and probably never will.. And it's the only 'modern' BP rifle I own. We won't mention the 15-20 pre-1800's Colt/Remington copies I own... Love those Spaghetti westerns... :-)

My cousin Steve posted the following picture on Facebook today (love ya Cuz!! :big-grin-emoticon:) and it REALLY spoke of days past to me.. More to the point was my response to his FB post which reads:

''''Steve Hackney,, Mike Homan and I did a speech one time in a high school class about how we survived in the outdoors with our Rifles to provide for us - had all our gear with us for show including the .22 shooters. Some of the girls in the class left the room as I removed the breast and legs from the Blue Jay we had taken out that morning. Mike borrowed some Crisco from his mom's cupboard and we used Streno Heat instead of a camp fire to heat the grease in the classroom. We finished cooking, passed the freshly cooked meat around, numerous classmates actually ate the BlueJay meat LOL.. Got an "A" on that speech (one of the few A's I got in High School not including my shop classes LOL.. Thinking you may have been in that classroom? GREAT TIMES those days when parents and communities actually supported our 2nd Amendment freedoms and taught responsible gun ownership!'''

15242025_669560966559026_2672328016375287750_n.jpg

My cousin Steve posted the following picture on Facebook today (love ya Cuz!! :big-grin-emoticon:) and it REALLY spoke of days past to me.. More to the point was my response to his FB post which reads:

''''Steve Hackney,, Mike Homan and I did a speech one time in a high school class about how we survived in the outdoors with our Rifles to provide for us - had all our gear with us for show including the .22 shooters. Some of the girls in the class left the room as I removed the breast and legs from the Blue Jay we had taken out that morning. Mike borrowed some Crisco from his mom's cupboard and we used Streno Heat instead of a camp fire to heat the grease in the classroom. We finished cooking, passed the freshly cooked meat around, numerous classmates actually ate the BlueJay meat LOL.. Got an "A" on that speech (one of the few A's I got in High School not including my shop classes LOL.. Thinking you may have been in that classroom? GREAT TIMES those days when parents and communities actually supported our 2nd Amendment freedoms and taught responsible gun ownership!'''

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117400

Ha Puc, you should've heard the feedback I got when my oldest daughter went to school the day after her 8th birthday (16 years ago). Her teacher asked in front of the class what she got for her birthday and didn't expect to hear ear piercings and a shotgun. She came running to my wife's classroom to see if I really bought it for her. Fast forward 7 years to my youngest's birthday with the same teacher and it happened again. They both filled the freezer with venison and youngest still hunts with me. They have the knowledge and respect for it. The 17 yr old will debate anybody toe to toe over the 2nd amendment and she won't back down.

Great pic Puc. And look who's holding the '94... :-)

BTW bought my first ugly gun yesterday. Should be fun making it sing again... With the help of an ultra-sonic cleaner and buffer... :-) Or... maybe I'll leave it the way it is and just fix the gremlins... Makes it look antique... It may have come from the factory that way since the bore is perfect...

DANG!! After studing the pic it isn't Mama holding that '94 but the middle son.. Make note.. See optometrist...:whistling:

Edited by Condor

Great pic Puc. And look who's holding the '94... :-)

BTW bought my first ugly gun yesterday. Should be fun making it sing again... With the help of an ultra-sonic cleaner and buffer... :-) Or... maybe I'll leave it the way it is and just fix the gremlins... Makes it look antique... It may have come from the factory that way since the bore is perfect...

https://images-cdn.auctionmobility.com/is3/auctionmobility-static/evnj-1-4S4TK//430-3.jpg?width=440&height=440&resizeinbox=true&backgroundcolor=eeeeee

She certainly looks like an Annie Oakley in the makings dont she brother :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, GORGEOUS little Black Powder shooter you landed there Jack!!!!! Be GREAT to see a before and after when you, the Master of Cowboy shooters gets done with it if you decide to mess with it!! On the same token though,, I REALLY love the pitina,, sort of give it's that "Lets toss some lead the Cowboy way" feeling IMHO..

Either way,,, BEAUTIFUL IMHO!!:thumbsup:

Any of you lop eared lead tossin varmints got any experience with these (Kel Tec PMR 30)? 30 rounds :scared::thumbsup::thumbsup: of 22 magnums in a double stacked magazine, 4 inch barrel, super light weight, single action all under a life time warranty...

Sigh!!!!!! I'm being held captive in Stalag California.... :-(

• 4 weeks later...
Sigh!!!!!! I'm being held captive in Stalag California.... :-(

Well I can't tell you guys what's happenin' up here as it's seen as "political" (I think my last thread got deleted :() & I sure as heck don't want to see old Puc's thread get deleted!

Edited by Kretz

OK Puc and Condor I have a question for you two. I have a Winchester Mod.275 pump in 22 Mag that I need the inner tube for the feed. Where can I get one? I have found a few places on line but they are out of stock.

Hey Chuck.... If your talking about the spring loaded magazine rod #53 in the pic below you might try

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/parts-and-service/obsolete-parts-and-service.html.

Those 275's are getting very collectable and finding a used part could be tuff..... I'm also wondering if one

from a different model could be modified?? Or?? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/396960B

Winchester_250,255,270,275,290_schem.jpg

Edited by Condor

Hey Chuck.... If your talking about the spring loaded magazine rod #53 in the pic below you might try

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/parts-and-service/obsolete-parts-and-service.html.

Those 275's are getting very collectable and finding a used part could be tuff..... I'm also wondering if one

from a different model could be modified?? Or?? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/396960B

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Pub/schematic/Winchester_250,255,270,275,290_schem.jpg

Yes Jack that is the part I am looking for. I have been thinking that same thing. Get one from an other model .22 and not load as full as the mag is a longer shell. I have tried Gunparts.com and they are out of stock.

Call the place with one for a 22LR and see if they can check to see if it is the same P/N as the one for your 22MAG.

Jeff they said in their parts list that they had two different tubes. One for the old style with iron sights and one for plastic sights. My Mag has the iron sights and I am going to call them on Monday. :fingers-crossed-emo

Jeff they said in their parts list that they had two different tubes. One for the old style with iron sights and one for plastic sights. My Mag has the iron sights and I am going to call them on Monday. :fingers-crossed-emo

Been out CTFW's Roller,,, hope you got er straightened around brother!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Talking shooters and things that go BOOM, this museum in Hawthorne NV was absolutely AMAZING!! Turned into an all day event during our Honeymoon!!! Got another video of what is inside the building - got er cooking as I type!!! Everything from small arms to Nuclear Bombs...

p1.jpgp9.jpgp8.jpgp7.jpgp6.jpgp5.jpgp4.jpgp3.jpgp2.jpgp10.jpg

Happy to see you enjoying yourselves. Who's the cutie with the AK 47? She is my kind of girl.

Keeping you two in my prayers.

Your eternal brother, Slyvester.

:farmer:

THANK YOU for keeping the prayers happening my eternal brother Sly (it goes both ways but I think you KNOW that),,, without that prayer support the enjoying our time together would have been long since passed! That cutie with the AK is DEFINITELY a keeper! She is the actually the one who noticed the Museum and thought best we turn around and check it out = FOR SURE,, my kinda cutie too!! Look carefully at her stance and site line of the pic of her pulling a bead with the AK,,, she may look innocent enough but I would DEFINITELY not want to be a bad guy on the receiving end of her taking a stand if she ever needed too!! :duck:

Great find! I'm going to put that destination on my bucket list...for sure!

Thank you for sharing, my friend!

:beer:

Yea it is AMAZING the things one finds while out goofing off CTFW and chasing the wind.. Sometimes I think I am related to "Little Joey" in the "Family Circus" cartoon Vaz,,, you know,, the kid who his mom sends out for a news paper and he spends all day doing everything BUT getting a news paper :rotf:... You are more than welcome on the post brother,, here is part 2 of the museum,,, FACINATING place to see and definitely worth the stop if you meander up that way,,, by the way,, TOTALLY free admission AND,, GET THIS YOU GUYS = $5 GENUINE Military Ammo Cans of ALL sizes!!!!!!!!!! Also the place is "manned" by Veterans who are still volentering to serve their country.. Place is amazing!!

Part 2