IGNORED

Help Light bar

mvcachurch

Own a 2004 Yamaha Venture Tour. And had to change the headlight bulb. Wow, what an ordeal to get that faring off with a light bar. Eventually got it off, but was wondering if anyone makes an attachment so that I don't have to yell at the two bolts holding my spotlight bar on. That I can leave them in, but maybe a bracket to lower the spots lights Help

You can make one your self. Go to any hardware and get a piece of 1" angle iron or aluminum and cut it to length, drill the holes to match the light bar and bolt them or weld them together. Paint it black or to match your bike. I use to make them out of 3/16 stainless steel but closed my shop a few years ago.

I got a couple pieces of aluminum tube the bolts fit thru and cut them about 3/4", add bolts a bit longer to make it thru the tube and it pushes the bar just a tick forward and you can get fairing off. A 6mm (I think) long ball allen helps a bunch too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this guy is still around but you can give him a try.

Back in September of 2006, he use to make the light brackets and he charged $26 back then. Probubly a little more now??

He accepted paypal

Just send an email to dathan@shaw.ca and ask him. Most he can do is say no.

He also said (back then) that if you wanted to send him an international money order or check let him know and he will send you his address.

His name is Tony.

I bought one from him..Good work and a good price.