IGNORED

My Wife is Smarter Than I Am

BlueSky

The right side kitchen sink drain was almost plugged. I poured lots of crystal Drano in it with little change. I got a small flexible steel cable from the garage and attempted to ram it down the goose neck but it wasn't flexible enough. So, I got out the tools to remove the goose neck to manually clean it out. Then my wife says why don't you use the toilet plunger. I did and it pushed the clog out. I need to keep her around I guess to supplement my retarded repair skills! :doh:

Edited by BlueSky

Very similar in my life once, and then later again, got the idea that sometimes it helps, to get her take on the problem at hand.

We built an addition to our house in 98 with a walkout in the basement, all concrete. We dug a 3' pit and filled it with gravel for drainage, don't know why because it's all sand there, but we did because that is what you do I guess. Anyways, when it rained the bottom landing would fill with water somewhat and then slowly drain away, until one night it poured buckets and the water level was over the door sill and going higher. We went to bed and I told her we would probably have some water to clean up come morning, so we talked about it for a bit and she said, why don't you use a plunger? Notice she said 'you'!! Nice of her, seeing as it was raining cats and dogs, I had no rain coat and was going to get soaked if I tried her trick,,,, but, as a good husband I took her idea and went to work with it, found the plunger and went outside, no shirt, no shoes, no boots, no pants,,,,,,(enough already) and down into the walkout out. Two feet of water was now nicely pooled at the bottom, but the door seal held nicely, so with tool in hand I went 'swimming'. Found the drain hole, plunged it twice and watched as the water level lowered to the floor in about 15 seconds. I say she smart!!!, I'm decided there and then that she was going to be a keeper. The next step would be how to get her to demonstrate her ideas,,, still working on that one!!

My wife is always thinking outside the box. For example...she bought pair of shoes she doesn't realy need but they were regularly $ 200.00 but marked down to $ 100.00 so she saved $ 100.00

that's the way our daughter gets most of her shoes, my wife buys new shoes and saves money because they are on sale and daughter finds them in closet never worn and hey Mom can I borrow these? wife has room for more shoes :confused07::confused24:

I came down with whatever the current respiratory disease is, a few weeks back. She browbeat me after the third day to go to the doctor. Being a man i refused the first day, but I relented on the second day of her insistent worry over my health. I got a couple of prescriptions for the coughing and the nasal congestion and a 10 day course of A/B. Well she came down with the same thing the day after I went to the doc, I said lets go I'll drive, she refused and said its just a little cold. well a week later I took her to the doc and he said why did you wait so long!! she got more stuff than me, missed two days of work and have been moping around because she can't breath for a week now!

I'm saving this little incident and pulling it out at the right moment for an I told you so.

I came down with whatever the current respiratory disease is, a few weeks back. She browbeat me after the third day to go to the doctor. Being a man i refused the first day, but I relented on the second day of her insistent worry over my health. I got a couple of prescriptions for the coughing and the nasal congestion and a 10 day course of A/B. Well she came down with the same thing the day after I went to the doc, I said lets go I'll drive, she refused and said its just a little cold. well a week later I took her to the doc and he said why did you wait so long!! she got more stuff than me, missed two days of work and have been moping around because she can't breath for a week now!

I'm saving this little incident and pulling it out at the right moment for an I told you so.

you is a brave man, and the flipping sound you'll hear is her rolodex of things you done forgot about

My wife is always thinking outside the box. For example...she bought pair of shoes she doesn't realy need but they were regularly $ 200.00 but marked down to $ 100.00 so she saved $ 100.00

Because of all the money my wife saves on things she buys, we should be rich .... emphasis on "should" .... :mo money: :Laugh: