IGNORED

83 venture modified for solo riding

Not sure if anyone else has done this. I moved the top case rack/ package tray forward and welded to passenger grab rails. The seat was modified by cutting the passenger foam out and re-upholstering. It makes a nice backrest and a little room for stowage behind the seat and under the box. I also plan to bolt a used rack in the original spot for additional room.

F38EC82A-DC75-4CAA-87B5-B7558CF8377D.jpg9DEEE596-944D-4F36-88B5-B2ECE87A5946.jpgCB89C057-70DB-4C5D-BCBC-A682D7A33D32.jpgAB189B46-3477-46E1-8455-FA1963389A8D.jpg3B2F5DFE-C1E6-42E5-B141-29B1C7F90AF5.jpg

Edited by MoonShine

Interesting concept. I rarely ride two up, but personally on long trips of over a week I've found that the passenger seat is a great place to bungee down that duffel bag loaded with clothes, and it also makes a great back rest... :-)

• 5 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone else has done this. I moved the top case rack/ package tray forward and welded to passenger grab rails. The seat was modified by cutting the passenger foam out and re-upholstering. It makes a nice backrest and a little room for stowage behind the seat and under the box. I also plan to bolt a used rack in the original spot for additional room.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115243https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115244https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115245https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115246https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115247

Interesting concept. I rarely ride two up, but personally on long trips of over a week I've found that the passenger seat is a great place to bungee down that duffel bag loaded with clothes, and it also makes a great back rest... :-)

THAT is absolutely GORGEOUS @sturgis0722 213.jpgTweeks and Cowbuc relaxing ride.jpgMoonshine:thumbsup::clap2::dancefool:!!!! NICE WORK!!

Gotta admit though,, I tend to lean (pun intended) more in Jacks direction on this one.. Probably wayyy to old school for our own good that @Condor and I :hurts:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1D3CEA2F-C02C-4CBC-B29E-E0F364F2427F.jpg78641EFF-8508-4268-A151-9E657F5A9C0C.jpgF5BE719E-C672-482E-83C0-617B9384F292.jpgC86125C7-2584-49F7-8FBD-01FC26DC1D28.jpg

Rear box installed on additional stock rack on original mounting. Box made with 1/4 inch plywood coated in epoxy resin, paint, stain, and spar varnish. My goal is watertight storage with easy access to any bag, box, or case without unloading anything.

• Like 1

I like it,, I'm just not sure Tip would be good with riding on top of the trunk,,,, :missingtooth:

Just :stirthepot: yankin your chain Shine = THAT is absolutely AWESOME my friend = DEFINITELY A 1st CLASS JOB IMHO:happy65::thumbsup:!!

GORGEOUS SCOOT!!

Looks like you'd have very little room to get your key in your Yamaha trunk to open it. Do you have a solution or is it not a problem?

I like what you'd done. I'm sure it's functional and works for you. You're making it yours, man and that's cool.

Looks like you'd have very little room to get your key in your Yamaha trunk to open it. Do you have a solution or is it not a problem?

I like what you'd done. I'm sure it's functional and works for you. You're making it yours, man and that's cool.

Had to abandon the trunk lock. Replaced with twist locking latches on each side. Works good and one will accept a padlock if needed.

I like the way you relocated the touring box for a backrest but the Bootlegger plywood box needs to go. That's just my opinion or butt hole everyone got one .:confused24:

Nope, the box stays. Got my coffee making gear in there. I will adopt your verbiage and combine with SkyDoc’s description. The box will now and forever be known as the “Bootlegger Locker”!

Thanks WB

• Like 1

Nope, the box stays. Got my coffee making gear in there. I will adopt your verbiage and combine with SkyDoc’s description. The box will now and forever be known as the “Bootlegger Locker”!

Thanks WB

Shine,,, If that gorgeous scoot were mine I would get me some stickers made up that spell out "Gone Bootleggin", stick em on the back of the locker and head west CTFW!! :missingtooth::thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Added a brace on each side of the front crash bars.  Braces cut from the rear crash bars I took off awhile ago.  I have dropped the bike a few times, and the stock bars fold right up.  They are very strong now, as I can stand on them with no movement.  Hope this helps!

E73F7134-4FC9-4325-84DA-9DD6809EA276.jpeg

77917FCC-3DDC-4F94-BADA-876431205F4B.jpeg

B39FA4AA-476F-4567-83E1-02D44762D6DA.jpeg

Edited by MoonShine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...