IGNORED

Touring LED Auxiliary Lights connection location

Very Happy New Year everyone.

Does anyone know where the wires are located to connect the Touring LED Auxiliary Lights mounted under the fairing (Part Number 2DF-H54A0-V0-00)? I am making brackets to install a pair of Kuryakyn LED lights to the front fender mounting bolts and I plan on connecting the wires to the stock lighting harness. I would like a set of lights to turn with the forks. The parts are being black anodized now and I will share pictures when it is completed. I will have two more sets of brackets available as well. Thanks for the help.

Very Happy New Year everyone.

Does anyone know where the wires are located to connect the Touring LED Auxiliary Lights mounted under the fairing (Part Number 2DF-H54A0-V0-00)? I am making brackets to install a pair of Kuryakyn LED lights to the front fender mounting bolts and I plan on connecting the wires to the stock lighting harness. I would like a set of lights to turn with the forks. The parts are being black anodized now and I will share pictures when it is completed. I will have two more sets of brackets available as well. Thanks for the help.

That’s a great idea Daryl. The lights in this bike are awesome... as long as you’re going straight. I’ve noticed that cornering at night is troublesome as the light does not shine through a corner. Your idea is exactly what I was thinking to help remedy that condition. The Yamaha ones mounted under the front fairing won’t really help as they’re pointed straight. Having fork mounted to turn INTO the turn is the way to go.

Please post pics when you’re done! Thanks.

I can tell you exactly where to hook up your wiring as I have installed a set of these. I have the instructions at home in Minnesota and I am currently in Arizona. I should be home next week and could tell you then if you can wait. Otherwise maybe someone else has done this and can tell you sooner. Shoot me a pm to help me remember.

I got the brackets and spacers back from anodizing and I think they look good.

That would be great the get the install instructions, so I don't have to go digging through the underside of the fairing to find the wiring if I don't have to. Thanks for the help Sldunker.

Bracket,Light and Spacers

20190108_193712 Resized.jpg

20190108_193721 Resized.jpg

Rough mounted on bike before black anodizing

20181128_043813 Resized.jpg

That would be great the get the install instructions, so I don't have to go digging through the underside of the fairing to find the wiring if I don't have to. Thanks for the help Sldunker.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115273

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115274

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115275

Looks GREAT! Let us know how they work at night through corners.

Thanks!

The power for the lights comes from the white 3 plug (Sumitomo style)plug on the right side of the fairing under the panel and storage box. It is a triangular connector with a cap over it.

The trigger for the lights come from the headlight relay and the high beam relay. These are located behind the left lower fairing. These relays are marked by Yellow and blue tape on the harness. Use the yellow or brown wire out of the headlight relay. This should be the one with the yellow tape on harness.

On the high beam relay use the yellow wire with a black stripe. Hope this helps.

Thanks sldunker, this is the exact information I needed. I am currently working on my Stratoliner deluxe and as soon as that project is finished I will be able to get back to the Venture. I will keep all informed on the progress. Thanks again for your help.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got around to installing the lights on the fork brackets. I went ahead and wired them to the lower fog lights because it was the easiest way and I figure that they will always be on at the same time anyhow. They really cast some noticeable light out to the side when you turn the bars. It was better than I had expected for such small lights. I look forward to the weather clearing up and I can get out and see if they light things up better in the corners.

20190301_151140 Resized.jpg20190301_151810 Resized.jpg20190301_151822 Resized.jpg20190301_152004 Resized.jpg

I want to thank everyone for their help.

Sldunker, Thanks for the wire description and if you pm me your address, I will send you a pair of these brackets if you are interested.

Looks great Daryl!

I think I'll look into that location for me on the RSV. I was going to use the other side of same bolt but the light gets hit by the wind deflector above it.

I'll have to fabricate a bracket first. But will do some test fittings next month when I get the bike back home!

David

• 7 months later...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115273

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115274

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115275

Do you have a drawing/template of the brackets and what you used as spacers? I would love to add a set.

Or will you be manufacturing some for sale?