IGNORED

Yamaha logo

AGrengs

They're tuning forks. Yamaha was a musical instrument company long before they made motorcycles.

​Maybe it was Mitsubishi then....it's more fun to discuss it than to just Google it....lol...

Can't help but wonder how an instrument company made the jump to motorcycles.....

​Maybe it was Mitsubishi then....it's more fun to discuss it than to just Google it....lol...

Can't help but wonder how an instrument company made the jump to motorcycles.....

If I remember correctly (and I spent a lot of money in my 20's destroying my memory), the chairman of the company was a fan of motorsports and when instrument sales were a little soft, he decided to branch out.

Mitsubishi made the Zero fighter planes and Kawasaki made the submarines during WWII. I wonder what Yamaha made?

That explains why the engines don't last in cars ......they were only designed for one way missions.....On another thought maybe they never really had suicide bombers...... it was really just engine failure.

That explains why the engines don't last in cars ......they were only designed for one way missions.....On another thought maybe they never really had suicide bombers...... it was really just engine failure.

HMMMM Don't we have Mitsubishi fuel pumps in our 2nd gens? Does this explain the Kamikaze pump failures?

Yamaha also produced the V-6 found in the ford Tarus SHO models. which briefly held the title of the worlds quickest (acceleration) 4 door sedan at 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. Not a supercar by todays standards but still respectable.

Till you shove it in the back end of a small, light weight hatch

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/videos/a28945/ford-festiva-shogun-jay-leno/

yamaha logo between the motorcycles and the musical item may appear the same, however there is a slight difference. see if you can figure out what it is .?

and Mitsubishi still makes fuel pumps for yamaha and did make every 1st and 2nd gen pump along with most every street bike pump in the yamaha lineup.

yamaha logo between the motorcycles and the musical item may appear the same, however there is a slight difference. see if you can figure out what it is .?

and Mitsubishi still makes fuel pumps for yamaha and did make every 1st and 2nd gen pump along with most every street bike pump in the yamaha lineup.

Two differences. Yamaha Motors,The tuning fork points touch the outer ring and the middle leg of the M in YAMAHA is shorter than the outer legs.

Yes I cheated!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So this is what Google says; "The three tuning forks of the Yamaha Logo represent the cooperative relationship that links the three pillars of our business -- technology, production, and sales. They also evoke the robust vitality that has forged our reputation for sound and music the world over, a territory signified by the enclosing circle."

From the Yamaha web site; https://www.yamaha.com/en/about/history/logo/

"Are there any differences between the Yamaha Logo and that of Yamaha Motor?

The biggest difference is that logo of Yamaha Corporation is colored in violet, its corporate color, while that Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd, its sister company, uses red.

Yamaha Corporation uses a Yamaha Logomark with the tips of the tuning forks contained within a circle, and features "YAMAHA" printed in an asymmetric font, with an "M" with a middle column shorter than the outer legs, while that of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd has the tips of the tuning forks in Yamaha Logo extended outside a circle, and uses symmetrical font, with an "M" of all the legs same size."

Yamaha Logos.docx