IGNORED

The End

Pegasus1300

Congrats to you all!!!

And, lemme say this; I am so glad to see, and am impressed with you guys working into your 70's before you retire. I'll be 56 next month. My wife and I have done the right things with our money to set us up for retirement early. I could retire now if I wanted to, but, I just don't want to yet. There is unbelievable peer pressure now adays to retire as early as you can. I have several friends and family who are either retired at 55-60, or are going to soon. And, they're looking at me like I am some kind of alien because I want to stay in the game and stay relevant. I enjoy the challenges of my job. It is a high level sales career that keeps me on my toes balancing the needs of my clients and keeping up with new technology. I get to schedule my own time, so the flexibility helps to not feel trapped. Every day is something new in my job, and I like that. I am certainly not a workaholic. My wife and i travel a lot, and we both take time to stop and smell the roses. Several of the friends and family I know that have been retired for a while, just seem to have slowed down some as far as the alertness of their minds, and definitely slowed down in their bodies. I'm concerned about me doing that too.

I don't know, I'll figure it out. But, I don't see myself retiring until at least 65, and hopefully, it'll be after 70. But, that's just me.

But again, CONGRATS to you guys!

Big Lenny

I retired at 59 1/2 and have enjoyed it very much. Since retiring, I have had absolutely no desire to pick up any type work. The day I left my job, I took my watch off and have not had another one on since. I don't think about it much, but I did this passed Monday when everything was covered with snow. I just looked out the window and then snuggled up on the couch and took a nap.

Randy

Back when I was 55, my wife and I discussed retirement and concluded that it would be best if I waited until I was old enough. That being said, we thought that 80 would maybe be the limit,,but then,,,,,,,,, I retired at 61, my son took over the business, and I was out of work, and I figured too old to look for a new job. I have been busy ever since, but am able to say: nooooo not today, we'll do that maybe tomorrow.

Today I have enough work ahead of me to keep 2 guys busy, my second oldest daughter just bought a house that needs some work. House was built in 1933 and has had some updating, but we are doing a lot of renovating. Not my real kind of work, but I'm helping her anyways.

Retired just means that a feller can work on a nap every afternoon, sometimes after supper and mostly before going to bed. It's not always as easy as it seems, and sometimes I struggle to keep it up, but hey, it's my favourite past-time so I work hard at it.

I retired at 59 and don't regret a minute of it. I have never been so busy but it is all stuff that I want to do. I will be 75 in a couple months and I spent last week taking down a big fir that I bucked, split, hauled and stacked for next year. I am busy with our Legion, Motorcycle Toy Run, Rod and Gun club, Defenders Motorcycle club, and as always the good old "Honey do " list. We also do a lot of traveling. Stay busy and you don't grow old. I don't feel a day over 40, but my body tends to disagree. If you want to keep working and you find it enjoyable then keep working. The mistake some people make is not having hobbies or interests outside of work. They are the ones that age quickly when they retire.

Just remember when you retire the rule of common sense is, not to do too much of nothing all at once. You need to work up to doing nothing, slowwwwly, or you could over exert yourself and become prematurely fatigued. So just do a little of nothing each day, and slowwly build up. Eventually you will be able to do a whole days worth of nothing without any serious side effects. So good luck and I hope for your sake you heed my advice. One last thing If you you find you have overdone it and did too much of nothing, it is OK to take a break have a NAP then return to doing a bit more of nothing after you feel refreshed, After all you have all day and there is no deadline to meet once you retire.

Congratulations. It's been a much talked about topic around here lately. I have to do another 1-1/2 years while the wife can retire this spring. We both planned to work longer but with the state retirement not being in great shape we may take what we can get and run. We've invested a lot of our lives and money in the retirement system only to find out the government used our money instead of raising taxes and just about broke the system.

:ice_congrats-vi6886

At 62, I am beginning to think about retirement someday. Maybe in 10 years or so, or unless for some reason I begin failing at my job as a software engineer. I do sit and dream about it at times and wonder what it would be like just to wake up and plan my day minute by minute.

But for now, I will continue to dream that I am in your place.

Now, go chase the rains, and race the winds, and follow the sunsets. And again, many congrats.

:sign green with env