IGNORED

Looks like we are getting spammed

tz89

and not the good kind...

Hey boss,

Looks like trouble has found us. Might have to tighten up on trial members.

And a moment of good spam... here are some attractions at the Spam Museum. The contents of the museum and the product are surprisingly good!! If you are riding the I-90 slab it is a good stop.

IMG_20170530_140409293_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170530_141321934.jpg

My daughter recently got employed by Hormel Foods. Rest assured, Spam is still a significant product, they ship it globally by the truck loads on pallets, many third world countries. I personally saw one of the production processes in Omaha, crazy. They cook the Spam in the can flying around the conveyor lines. Then wrap the can at the end. The bulk of it is produced at their plant south of Minneapolis, where the Spam Museum is.

Edited by SpencerPJ

My Dad used to fry it and make sandwiches when I was 'young' also, and I remember I used to really like it. A while back I was walking through the food section of Wally World and saw the Spam. On a lark (impulse buying) I threw a can in the basket, and when we got home fried it up and took a big old bite. Yuck....I don't like it anymore.

Frank

If I were locked in a bomb shelter and I had run out of roaches and rodents I may then, and only then, try and choke down a few bits of spam. Spam is to meat what Velveta is to cheese, or GM is to cars, or McDonalds is to fast food, or what... I digress haha.

Really we have been pretty lucky, when was the last time on this forum anyone slipped through the cracks and hit us like this. I know it used to happen all the time all over, but I see it less. Maybe it's not as effective as it once was. It's strange to see it and I'm quite happy that is has become increasingly rare.

I'm virtually free of adverts and trackers, but I had to take control of my browser to make that happen. Even as I type this post I'm blocking doubleclick, viglink and some various google related stuff. With the right browser and a small handful of the right add-ons dialed in aggressively the only spam one would commonly see is the kind that spurred this thread. There is no shame in protecting ones privacy and data, nor in removing annoyance and clutter. The downside is there is no way to block spamming users, they do a hit/run, so by the time you block them it's all over. Luckily this type of spam is not dangerous, and seems to be on the decline.

Tip, Tweeks and I were goofing off CTFW while heading out to see if we could find the farthest North West corner of the U.S. one year and, typical of three drifter wannabe's, ended up getting caught in a cross wind in Minnesota that landed us at the Spam Museum in Austin (that's right,, Minnesota has an Austin just like Texas!!). It was really a fun place and, get this,, unlike many tourist trap joints that ya find now adays, the welcoming committee at the Museum even honored Tweeks with a free sticker, which her sister, Tweeksis, still wears proudly to this very day.

If any of you lop eared CTFW varmints ever decide to check out the ol Spammer ammer Museum, another point of interest right down the road is a town called "Blue Earth" and that is the home of the Jolly Green Giant. No museum but a neat little park to snap some pics at BUT,, you paying attention here?,,, Blue Earth has free 1 over night camping at their Fair Grounds that includes a great hot shower!!

DSCN0490.JPG

DSCN0488.JPG

DSCN0486.JPG

DSCN0485.JPG

DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0468.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0462.JPG

DSCN0460.JPG

DSCN0459.JPG

DSCN0491.JPG

DSCN0494.JPG