IGNORED

Any members in the Pigeon Forge TN area?

Air Ready Auto

Much to the dismay of my brothers and I, my father and Ma are moving to the Pigeon Forge area. They have sold their house here in Wisconsin and are in Tennessee right now looking for houses. They close on their house in Wisconsin the last day of December and will be hoping to move in someplace in January. They know one person out there. The question I have is this. Once there is a firm move in place and date, is there anybody in the area who would be willing or able to help with any part of the move on the TN side? Also, if you can't help with the move, they are going to be new to the area and have only visited a few times so any help with local guidance, recommended churches, or anything would be welcome. They have visited Gatlinburg but have little experience with the rest of the area. Thank you to anybody who can help in any way.

I was wondering the same thing. We are still thinking about a move. Just can not nail down where we would like to end up. If I was set on that area, I would actually look to Sevierville. Last 2 times we were in PF/Gatlinburg the traffic was horrible. Stop dead on main roads kind of like I Drive in Orlando. Tourset areas unless you have to work there are not usually a great place to live.

I can tell you from my research Tax wise Tn or Ga is best bet. NC taxes are high, income, personal property. Ga does not tax your retirement checks either. but its a pretty fer piece from say Blairsville to Dollywood to treck to work.

Much to the dismay of my brothers and I, my father and Ma are moving to the Pigeon Forge area. They have sold their house here in Wisconsin and are in Tennessee right now looking for houses. They close on their house in Wisconsin the last day of December and will be hoping to move in someplace in January. They know one person out there. The question I have is this. Once there is a firm move in place and date, is there anybody in the area who would be willing or able to help with any part of the move on the TN side? Also, if you can't help with the move, they are going to be new to the area and have only visited a few times so any help with local guidance, recommended churches, or anything would be welcome. They have visited Gatlinburg but have little experience with the rest of the area. Thank you to anybody who can help in any way.

I envy you. I wanted to move from Wisconsin to Tennessee but before I could get the wheels turning, I got sick and here we sit in Wisconsin. I really do envy you. Riding is great, the winter is short, and the taxes are lower. The rest of the stuff is just details.

zag

I know that home is home to a lot of folks and they can not imagine living anywhere else, but I feel blessed to be from east Tennessee. In the four years that I was in the USAF, every place was flat, as in Texas, Illinois, Eastern North Carolina and SE Thailand. When I got out, I knew that the only place to go was back to East TN. In my work over the years being in Quality Management, I have had the opportunity to work with customers and suppliers and it seemed most all of those visits were in states where the terrain was flat, at least the part of the state that I visited. One company that I was with was located in Bristol, VA, but based out of Springfield, Mass and every time I went up there I saw nice homes that were priced at least twice what the same house down here would cost and the taxes were a nightmare. We also don't have a state income tax here in TN.

I have been very fortunate to be in the mountainous area of TN and to have put so many miles on bikes, as I put about 150,000 on my 83 Venture alone. I am also lucky that I am still enjoying these mountains, but now in a Miata with someone that enjoys them as much as I do. If it is a hot day, within an hour we can be at 6,000 feet elevation and can have a nice picnic where it is cool.

I remember when I left basic in Texas to go to Rantoul, Il in March in 1969 and it was miserable cold. I remember thinking that if it was that cold in the early spring, at least it should not be too hot come summer, but boy was I wrong. Generally, our weather seasons here in east TN are more moderate on both ends than in a lot of other places and I can see why someone would want to relocate to this area.

Randy