IGNORED

Start problem Venture 1987r.

The crankshaft turns very slowy...

I bought a new starter, but unfortunately it did not help.

Was that a new starter or a used one? I have heard similar sounds coming from starter drag.. Was it making exactly that sound before you swapped out the starter? My experience with the starter clutch (very limited) has been more like rocks being ground up and/or bouncing around under the stator cover,, that just sounds starterish to me.. Maybe even the mating gear for the starter shaft gear is worn and allowing the starter shaft to spin in it.. Maybe take a peek at the gear cut into the armature of the starter you took off and see if its showing sign of wear. Another thing that could be,, maybe you did not get the starter shaft go all the way into the mating gear when you reinstalled..

I agree with Carl,, maybe redo the video from a couple different locations...

LOVE THE V-Max!!! :bikersmilie:

All the best get er back on er feet!!:bikersmilie:

When you checked the starter clutch with the stator cover off, did you can see how the starter is engaging the gears and if it is in fact spinning the gears and the crankshaft? And if it is spinning, then how fast was it spinning the crankshaft?

Did you have this issue with the old starter when it was in the bike?

Also, how is the battery in the bike, fully charged when you try to start it

Just trying to gather a little bit more information as it isnt a sound I have heard out of my bike when starting and I need to replace the stator starting clutch as is it slipping when it starts.

Let us know please..

Rick F.

checking the starter clutch is not that easy did you pull off the stator flywheel because that is not a easy job to get that off and the starter clutch is under that. you can not even see the starter clutch unless your removed the stator flywheel.

To me it sounds like the starter clutch is not engaging or you have a bad gear where the starter gear meshes with the gears that go to the starter clutch

Good luck

Rotor AssemblyRotor Assembly