IGNORED

Prayers Up/thoughts for my brother if ya get a second..

cowpuc

Just talking with my mom here, getting the scoop on my little brother. Like his big brother, he got dealt the hand of Cancer a couple years ago too and it initially cost him a kidney. Unfortunately, his initial surg didnt come out as well as mine seems to have as the stuff spread around some. Latest news is they found a walnut size spot in a femur and blood spots in his lungs = LOTS of extreme pain and living on the morphine/fentynal (spent over a year on the stuff too,, good pain killer but hard on the body) has taken its toll. The docs finally decided here that he has gained enough umphh that he may be able to tolerate putting in supportive rods and plates into his upper leg so the femur dont snap and he may be able to get back on his feet. We are on our way to pick up mom and then head to G.R. to hug and pray for my bro - pre surgery - because,,, well because any surgery anytime has its possibility of not good turn outs - hate to sound gruesome but you know me,, always about the truth. Doug (my brother) is a Christian and loves the Lord. His wife does too.. So does my Mom and Tip and me too... Tell ya that so you know hoThanw to pray and/or what type of good ole positive thoughts to send his way if possible...

ALL support appreciated!!

Thanks

Puc[/quote

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Prayers up for your brother cowpuc, and for your mom and the rest of the family. Keep us updated of his progress, because that is what we are expecting, is progress.

Thanks for the reminder here Larry,, I greatly appreciate it!! Here ya go - read below!!

Since he is your brother, that makes him our brother too, right?

May the Lord look after our brother.

INDEED VENNY,,, like you (and others like VanRiver so eloquently pointed out),, my brother is your brother and yours is mine,,, good thing we got a great big God cause that sure makes for lots of brothers :banana::happy65:

Your brother and the entire family are in our prayers. I don't take prayer lightly and can promise you that they were indeed offered. I hope that all goes well.

Thanks to ALL for the thoughts and prayers sent - as always,, your kindness/thoughtfulness and support are HUGELY appreciated!! Freebird, as many of us on here have known for years, it is a known fact that what you stated above is the way it is and, IMHO, a big part of the reason that our bike club here remains intact, growing and a blessing to so many - God KNOWS you and others "dont take prayer lightly" and many others who aren't on the Christian path dont take caring with thoughts for a brother/sister in need lightly either. THANK YOU for standing firmly on that foundation Don and making VR one place of only a few that a clubber in need can come to, speak his/her part and get such outstanding support!!

The surgery went very well! The cancer had eaten a cavern (replacing bone marrow/bone) about 3 inches in length starting at the collar right below that knob on the top of the femur and working downwardly. The Oncologist Surgeon had already "scorched" the area with radiation but there was still bone that was cancerous that had to be ground out before the rod could be placed - nasty stuff this cancer nonsense is. The purpose of the rod is for SUPPORT only. If ya think about the bone as tooth enamel and think about cancer as tooth decay/cavity (how the Doc explained it to our group) its easy to understand how the bone wall becomes so thin it literally can snap in just a normal movement of the leg (a disaster waiting to happen) = this would create HUGE issues (goes without saying). Also, as we all know,, any time we get sick there is a depletion of energy in any healing. One of my own personal issues surrounding my much lesser degree of cancer than my brothers (still in remission here) is what I have been calling "battle fatigue" (I look at dealing with the stuff like a personal "war zone" = my brothers doctor agreed and LOVED my analogy) - something that can be life changing (in my personal case - the ONLY reason we are no longer touring on a scoot - random tiredness ). Battle fatigue is the very reason why there was sooo much concern here about this surgeory of my brothers - he has been thru sooo much in dealing with this stuff over the last 5 years that the Doctors were just deeply concerned with his body/systems giving up. His lungs have a few small tumor's (how can it seem to have stopped spreading in the original area - kidney's - then pop up in the lungs (making it a secondary cancer there and not - medically speaking - lung cancer, and then pop up down in his leg?? Makes NO sense but hey,, no joke my friends, THAT is exactly what Dougs cancer did!!).

When I walked into the hospital and found my little brother he was sitting in a wheel chair, slumped over from exhaustion and looking really really rough:(.. I knealt down, kissed his forehead, held his hand and whispered a soft prayer of hope into his ear. After we talked for a while about what was coming toward him with the surgery. In tears,, I told him I was sorry for drawing that definitive line down the center of our bed that he and I shared as kids (we are 3 years apart) and for always ratting him out to my Mom any time he crossed the line :buttkick: with a foot or hand (usually turning our pre-sleep into a major fight - man that kid was a pain in the neck when he was little) .. The :cry: started.. After a good cry,, the talk turned to his 95 Gold Wing - he had loaned it out to a friend to "keep it churning" and his buddy dropped it (low side - about 45 mph - no injuries but apparently messed up a valve cover and stuff from what I understand) last week! Because of two brothers and their shared love for :biker:, by the time they strolled him into pre-op, his head was no longer hanging down in a slump. My sister in law kept thanking me over and over for being there !!

We got to all go into pre-op just before surgery for some family prayer time (I come from a large family of which I am definitely the black sheep) = 5 girls/2 boys - so this was no easy task!! All the thoughts and prayers here were/appreciated by ALL of my family and I joined all of you as we circled my brother and I got to lead in prayer for my little brothers battle with this stuff!! Then the Surgeon came in (with Staff), did a quick double check on medical stuff and then, personally relead us all in another time of prayer.

Of course it will be a while before Doug can put weight on the repair and, there is concern with blood clotting problems associated with the rod putting pressure on bone marrow and the there is the ongoing battle cancer BUT,, and this is HUGE,, I still got my little brother to hassle (as soon as he able to stand up again I am gonna renig on my taking back of the drawing the line down our shared bed when we were kids :witch_brew: comment) cause all went REALLY REALLY well as far as they can tell at this time!!

No denying it,,, and this takes nothing away from the skills of those amazing Dr's,,,,, IMHO, there is really good reason for Don (and all of us) not to take our thoughts and prayers for each other lightly - I KNOW I sure dont!!!

THANK YOU again for all your outreach on my little bothers behalf!!

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

Thanks again to all who responded to the call here and also to those reading this that just took a moment and thought of/offered up a short prayer for my brother but either didnt or couldnt reply!! Your support is/was greatly appreciated = we/he could feel the support!! In fact,, so much so that, according to my brother - things are going along very well!! He is healing up fine and doing therapy. While this surgery was no "cure" persay, he is in far less pain and it appears he should get some of his mobility back.

Thanks friends - you ARE the greatest!!

Puc