IGNORED

Hey Harley dude, WTF??

uhfradarwill

--

For the first guy over, I didn't see any hole in the road that grabbed his tire. At most a small pothole that wouldn't have mattered if he hit it. It looked to me like he was going almost perpendicular to the side and then tried to correct back to his left but was too close to the side and fell off to his right.

For the second guy, the dope thought he could just park on a 45° slope by heading down in the grass.

--

Edited by RonK

There was another thread on here a while back with the same video & a number of folks chimed in with what they thought happened. First guy to come off seems to cut that corner too tight, clips that "hole" (missing piece of pavement) which sets him off balance & away he goes.

Second guy looks back & the bike goes where he's looking. Once his front wheel gets over on that steep shoulder he can't hold it & he goes over too.

With both bikes, once on that uneven & very steep shoulder, it's almost impossible to keep a big bike upright.

Added: you actually hear the first guy say twice "I hit that hole in the road" if you look carefully, at 1min19/ 20sec just above the sport bike mirror there is a distinct dark patch (hole?) maybe that threw him off balance & again once over on that bad road edge there'd be no going back.

Edited by Kretz

Yep,,, that's an oldy BUT still an unsolved mystery..

IMHO,,,,, If you look closely you can tell that #2 rider to go down was actually looking down in the gultch as though he was actually intending to ride down in there.. I still think that #1 was the true "accident" and when #2 noticed his buddy was down, noticing the perticument they were all in with the possibility of oncoming traffic and no place to get out of the way, he entered into instant decision making time and,, that being mixed with a fair amount of panic,, chose to ride off the edge to clear the roadway and keep from getting run over from oncoming traffic and/or injuring someone else. Once he was committed by getting his bike sideways in the switchback he was committed and in his mind - was left with no other choice but take his licks on the mountain side...

From what I observed from the video these two Harley riders were making an attempt to stay ahead of those Sport bikes following them. Riding over their heads on two touring bikes. Back to Clint Eastwood syndrome as in, "limitations", they usually win out over luck ever time.:doh: