IGNORED

I think I broke myself.

Air Ready Auto

Warning... Embarrassing story...

So it's quite the lovely evening out. The kids are playing, the temperature is cool enough to keep the bugs away, my wife and I are sitting on the porch... And I say to my wife, "honey let's get the fire pit out." She says, "we don't have any fire wood." I look at the old crabapple tree with it's dead branches and think, I can climb that and get those dead branches. I did it all the time as a kid... Lets just say that I don't remember the ground being so hard back then. I don't think anything is broken but i'm definitely not climbing any more trees ever again.

Ah, Man; the Dreaded 'Tree Climbing Tale'!

FWIW: we have TWO of those T-Shirts, both times with running Chain Saw in hand.

Fortunately we hung on to both saws, and let The Bod take the hit sliding down the Tree. Amazing how much skin gets lost during one of those adventures. Can't remember the one Tree's name; something like 'Shaggy Bark Hickory' - it was definitely the worst. Recovery is NOT quick.

We probably won't be shooting for a Third T; now 75, with Missus promising Death as additional incentive.

Rgds, WRIDR

I have also given up climbing trees while holding a running chainsaw. A friend was up in a tree with a running chainsaw and he made the mistake of tying the chainsaw to his belt with a short section of rope. I guess it made sense when he was climbing up and the saw wasn't running. But then he started the saw. At one point he slipped and dropped the saw which then swung back and forth taking chunks out of his legs while it idled back down. Very messy.

zag

Warning... Embarrassing story...

So it's quite the lovely evening out. The kids are playing, the temperature is cool enough to keep the bugs away, my wife and I are sitting on the porch... And I say to my wife, "honey let's get the fire pit out." She says, "we don't have any fire wood." I look at the old crabapple tree with it's dead branches and think, I can climb that and get those dead branches. I did it all the time as a kid... Lets just say that I don't remember the ground being so hard back then. I don't think anything is broken but i'm definitely not climbing any more trees ever again.

FEELING FOR YA BROTHER!!!!:240:

Gotta say though,,, All this :Im not listening to about chain saws and how dangerous they are.. I am with you Ready,,, between the two dangerous devices (trees and chainsaws),, I have had much worse experiences with the trees themselves that has led me to believe that trees neither like to be cut on or climbed on...

Thinking back on my short life of heating our home with wood for over 30 years that cut, hauled and hand split,,, one of my worst experiences involved dropping an old, dryed out Popular tree.. There it stood,, straight as any perfectly vertical arrow could be and deader than a dried out bull frog that didnt make it off a road in time...

I cranked up my 16 inch Husky, blipped the throttle a couple times and proceeded to sink its hand sharpened chain into the tree like a I hot knife thru cold butter... So smooth was it all going that I was totally shocked when about 2/3rds of the way thru the tree I ran into a dead spot that allowed the fresh cut tree to slide side ways and drop vertically directly on top of my left foot... I had always been told that Poplar and other softwood trees are no where near as heavy as Oak or the like. Not sure that either my left foot or my internal OWY meter agree with that...

Prayers Up and heal fast my friend!!:thumbsup:

That's why I own a pole chain saw. Too old be be climbing trees, or even standing on a ladder with a saw. Just wait til my oldest son comes for a visit and pull out the pole chain saw like I'm gonna use it, and end up just supervisor for him. :)

Yep... Amen Bro... Nothing like an electric powered pole chain saw. If I can't get them with that...screw it... :-)

Just realized I haven't posted an update. Went to the back cracker guy on Tuesday last week. Found I had a messed up 5th vertebrate and a twisted pelvis. Lots of pain. Anyway, after a few sessions with him, I am walking good (for the most part) and about 90% of the pain is gone. 2 more appointments to go and he thinks I should be just about good.