IGNORED

DROPPED SVTC - No worries!

Ok Guys, today started off a bit exciting. Maybe some of you have heard about a guy who dropped his SVTC or wondered what happens if you do? Well, as of 20 minutes ago I CAN CONFIRM that nothing happens to the bike!

i was getting her set upright to do an oil change and suddenly she went over AWAY from the side I was on. I couldn’t stop it and watched as she rolled over to probably about 50 degrees or so and stopped. Fortunately there was nothing in the way for her to hit, but it seems the black molding under the saddlebags acts as a cushion on the rear and the main heavy bar that the floorboards are mounted to stop it from going over further in the front.

Not to hard to pick up either due to low center of gravity. WAY EASIER than my 91 Venture Royale was.

Anyways, not a mark, mar, crack or stressed piece at all. Put your mind at ease if your concerned about any damage from dropping her. Yamaha designed this baby WELL! Just because the “protection” doesn’t SHOW like a lot of other bikes, does not mean it’s not there!

Now it’s time to give her a bath! ����

Edited by ChiefGunner

I still bet you had to go change your underwear. :rotf: Glad it's good, I still wouldn't make a habit of it :whistling:

EVERY muscle in my body tensed up as if I was having a seizure and the voice in my head screaming NOOOO!!! Was SO LOUD someone in the next room could hear it!

We’re all good now. Took a shower and changed my “soiled” clothes. :thumbsup2:

NOT gonna make it a habit! :fingers-crossed-emo

Glad to hear you did not get any damage, this mirrors the one journalist group ride where on of the riders dropped a Star Venture in the parking lot, they as well said the bike tipped over to about 45 degrees and rested on the black plastic along the bottom of the saddle bag and the front crash bar and resulting in no damage, from the sounds of it your tip over was not a controlled tip over sitting on the bike but rather the bike falling over so it is good news that the system Yamaha designed does protect the motorcycle in a worst case tip over which you suffered.

Glad to hear you did not get any damage, this mirrors the one journalist group ride where on of the riders dropped a Star Venture in the parking lot, they as well said the bike tipped over to about 45 degrees and rested on the black plastic along the bottom of the saddle bag and the front crash bar and resulting in no damage, from the sounds of it your tip over was not a controlled tip over sitting on the bike but rather the bike falling over so it is good news that the system Yamaha designed does protect the motorcycle in a worst case tip over which you suffered.

That would be correct. It was an unimpeded freefall to the ground on the right side. ZERO damage!

Due to the fact that American edited and deleted all the content of his posts, I have deleted the threads the responses because they made no sense without the content of the original posts.

Might as well delete “flat tappet cam systems” as well. Seems he “picked up his marbles” and went home.

I deleted it and he is one of the very few that I have actually banned from this forum over the past many years. I'm sorry it turned out that way but when he came back and started deleting his posts, it made a lot of other good posts submitted by others useless as there was no context to them.

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

I deleted it and he is one of the very few that I have actually banned from this forum over the past many years. I'm sorry it turned out that way but when he came back and started deleting his posts, it made a lot of other good posts submitted by others useless as there was no context to them.

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Im sorry that had to happen. I too hope he finds what he’s looking for but I doubt It. Similiar issues occurred on the other forum he went to. I wish him well.