IGNORED

Navigation System Updates

Yamaha page for infotainment system software information and how to download updates.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/transcontinental-touring/pages/infotainment-software-update

At the top of the page where it say Download latest software update is an active link, you click on it and it will down load the latest software onto your computer then you copy that to a thumb drive and use the thumb drive to update the software on the infotainment system.

The current software is R12.0.6. The page shows you how to check the software version on the infotainment system and walks you through the rest.

I have the Yamaha toolbox on my desktop but I am not sure what good it is, going to the link provided above will get you to the software, the Yamaha tool box always tells me there are no updates available.

Here is a link on how to install the Yamaha Toolbox:

https://yamaha.welcome.naviextras.com/download/yamaha_user_guide_en.pdf

Here is a link to the install page for the Yamaha toolbox:

https://yamaha.welcome.naviextras.com

Between the three links everyone should be able to find one of them that works for them on getting software updates for the infotainment system.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, Woody2605 said:

Toolbox is for navigation system only as far as I can tell.

Actually @Woody2605 it’s for both. Any available software or map updates should show up.

in fact, since original release there has only been ONE real software update 12.0.6 which took care of a lot of bug issues from the original vs11.  The latest update available is ONLY if you’re doing the map upgrade and not to be installed until after the map upgrade is completed.

That being said, software for 2018 & 2020 models are completely different and NOT compatible so be sure you are downloading the appropriate software for your model year.  Info I’ve provided is in relation to the 2018 model. Don’t know about 2020 model.

That being said, for those 2018 model owners it looks like we should NOT expect anymore software revisions in the future.

According to Paul Pelland “Long Haul Paul”, there were not enough sales of the 2018 including the Harmon Kardin glitchy software to justify spending more money on it. One of the reasons they went with another manufacturer for the 2020 software.

• 11 months later...

Very few on board built in Nav systems I know of are worth a darn. I have/had connection with a Dodge dealer. My cost would be over $300 to upgrade the maps on a 2011 Durango. My connection who worked there had a 2 or 3 year old pick up and his cost was the same. I have heard similar with the Fords and Honda I think. So why doesnt any of these OEM get with Garmin or Tom Tom and make these things easier to update? Because they feel they would loose some market $$ because DIY folks would figure it out and cut them out is my guess.

10 hours ago, djh3 said:

Very few on board built in Nav systems I know of are worth a darn. I have/had connection with a Dodge dealer. My cost would be over $300 to upgrade the maps on a 2011 Durango. My connection who worked there had a 2 or 3 year old pick up and his cost was the same. I have heard similar with the Fords and Honda I think. So why doesnt any of these OEM get with Garmin or Tom Tom and make these things easier to update? Because they feel they would loose some market $$ because DIY folks would figure it out and cut them out is my guess.

Ya gotta wonder how they can justify knowing there are so many cheaper options out there starting with phone apps that range from totally free to annual subscriptions that do not require cell service to function for approx $16.00 annually with monthly to weekly free updates. Or GPS units  like Garmin or TomTom for about $600 or less depending on the unit that usually come with free lifetime maps and updates. But I guess its up to the customer wether or not they want that option.

I didn't buy the SVTC for the GPS although I found it works very well with a GPX 1.1 formatted file.  A few features like automatically bypassing way points or shaping points would be a desired update. I used the GPS multiple times now with 15 + way points.  You just have to be very accurate on your placements. Don't put them in fields like I have a tendency to do 🤣

• 3 months later...

Hi I just picked up a Yamaha Eluder I have had it for about a month and a half. I’m trying to update the navigational software. I have run into some issues. this is what I’ve done so far.

I have the Yamaha SD card I plugged into the bike got the finger print from the bike. Download the software and create an account on Yamaha toolbox. I purchased the software download and install it to the SD card. But when I plug the SD card back to the bike the install software a button is not highlighted. the only button highlighted is the one that I got the fingerprint. If I try to plug the card back to the computer it’s telling me that I just downloaded software and I need to install it to the bike.

3C45A742-C859-4A4E-A146-A4053FB17A15.jpeg

DE91B601-0E34-4D30-B190-9610C477D8C4.jpeg

CBAED0F5-F3C3-4928-8695-4E3A950E03CC.jpeg

2 hours ago, bbeard92 said:

Hi I just picked up a Yamaha Eluder I have had it for about a month and a half. I’m trying to update the navigational software. I have run into some issues. this is what I’ve done so far.

I have the Yamaha SD card I plugged into the bike got the finger print from the bike. Download the software and create an account on Yamaha toolbox. I purchased the software download and install it to the SD card. But when I plug the SD card back to the bike the install software a button is not highlighted. the only button highlighted is the one that I got the fingerprint. If I try to plug the card back to the computer it’s telling me that I just downloaded software and I need to install it to the bike.

3C45A742-C859-4A4E-A146-A4053FB17A15.jpeg

DE91B601-0E34-4D30-B190-9610C477D8C4.jpeg

CBAED0F5-F3C3-4928-8695-4E3A950E03CC.jpeg

I don’t know how many people have had success using that “card” type thing. Most people have a 8 or 16mb usb they use that has been fat32 formatted.

Clearly your dealership DID NOT do their job. The software version you have showing is the original software version.  There have been two FREE updates since then and a 3rd which is ONLY used if you are purchasing the map update for $100.

Also, you cannot skip software versions and just go to the latest. You must upload each one because they are built upon each other. Secondly, BE SURE you are getting the proper software for your year of bike. The software versions for 2020 are not compatible with 2018. They have completely different software platforms.