IGNORED

Hot feet

I bought a 2007 RoyalStar last month and love the way the bike rides and runs except it is extremely hot on my feet and legs . Is this a common problem and is there anything that can help?

This is not a problem with any of the RSV's. My '07 was extremely comfortable to ride even in the hottest of weather..... Until the seals went in the water pump and she barfed coolant all over the parking lot at VW 2014 in Yreka CA. Coming back from a ride to happy camp in 112degs she cooked my shins, and BBQ'd my butt. She got so hot that I had to slide back onto the passenger seat, and when I dropped the sidestand in the motel parking lot it took about 30 seconds for her to pee green. She blew the water pump seals and had oil in the coolant, and probably plugged up the thermostat??

Soo.... you might want to check your cooling system..

I bought a 2007 RoyalStar last month and love the way the bike rides and runs except it is extremely hot on my feet and legs . Is this a common problem and is there anything that can help?

Royal Star what? Venture?

If so, and it is 95 or above, my right foot will often warm up on the highway. I call it "Satan's Breath" on my foot. Happens most often with a little crosswind as well.

Royal Star what? Venture?

If so, and it is 95 or above, my right foot will often warm up on the highway. I call it "Satan's Breath" on my foot. Happens most often with a little crosswind as well.

The only Royal Star in 2007 was a Venture that I know of.... Except for the one time on my '07 I've ridden several different Ventures in 100+ heat, and a couple of times with hellacious cross winds, and never felt any heat off the motor. However I do wear riding boots. I'd suggest servicing your bike as well.

Dont wear shorts or flip flops. There is some heat as I remember but nothing terrible. My Victory is way hotter, all be it in a little different location. Figure your straddling a small auto engine between your legs.

The only Royal Star in 2007 was a Venture that I know of.... Except for the one time on my '07 I've ridden several different Ventures in 100+ heat, and a couple of times with hellacious cross winds, and never felt any heat off the motor. However I do wear riding boots. I'd suggest servicing your bike as well.

I ride nekked. Remember... Puc is my mentor.

puc.jpg

Also... as per his instructions... I always have a pair of shoes and a shirt with me just in case...

My 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe had a little heat you could feel off the rear cylinders sitting still, mostly the left rear. Not uncomfortable but you knew it was there. No issues with heat rolling down the road or on the feet that I recall. I always wore jeans and over the ankle boots. If you are wearing shorts and tennis shoes, will probably be a little warm.

The 2007 models had a service bulletin or service campaign for cylinder head bolt torque or something like that. Any yamaha dealer can check the vin to see if your bike is affected and whetehr it has been corrected. Could use more info, miles, service history to help you better. If it has been sitting and carbs are dirty could be running lean which will make it run hotter. Cooling system condition? Fan working? If the bike is new to you and you don't have any service history, have it checked by a competent mechanic familiar with these bikes. Running hot is not a commonly reported problem.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just purchased an '07 RSV and also have the same issue. I had a '99, many years ago (pre-kid) and never had this issue.

I noticed today that after about an hour of almost unbearably hot riding, including one stop for me & the bike to cool off a bit, that the heat coming off the engine suddenly dropped, dramatically. Just an guestimate, but I'm thinking the temp in my cockpit dropped a good 20-30 degrees and it was comfortable.

I'm going to drain, flush & replace coolant, but thinking it also sounds like a sticking thermostat based on how it suddenly dropped.

I did previously check the fan by giving it 12v and it worked, then let it idle to the point it kicked on, so I feel confident the thermal sensor and fan are working.

I hope I can fix this because no way I could do an all day ride on it with that kinda heat coming off it. Not to mention I doubt that's good for the long-term reliability of the engine.

For background, its a 2007 w/ 22k miles on it, so it likely sat for extended periods of time during its prior ownership.

Thoughts?

Thanks!