IGNORED

VW Single Carb for Ventures

I haven't but a few have. It does not run as good with that swap so I've been told. You get your most power and efficiency with a separate carb for each cylinder...

That certainly makes some sense. I'm a bit intrigued due to the much-lower maintenance and overall ease of adjustment. The idea of its simplicity is appealing.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's done it. Very curious if there's regrets or if they feel they'd never go back.

I think 500 is a bit steep to do an experiment that very few have done. But think if it thus way it would be like taken a 2.8 Chevy v6 multiport fuel injection back to a fuel injected throttle body carb. That is my opinion on the matter.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

I think 500 is a bit steep to do an experiment that very few have done. But think if it thus way it would be like taken a 2.8 Chevy v6 multiport fuel injection back to a fuel injected throttle body carb. That is my opinion on the matter.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

According to the seller, it's no experiment: "We've been doing this conversion for over 8 year now, so we have personally installed tons of these sets in the past 8 years, so know all there’s to know about this conversion."

I'm certainly not sold on it yet, but I look at the idea this way: It's like taking a more complicated, leak-prone--and for the average owner--harder to adjust, troubleshoot, synchronize and rebuild carburator to one that is simplier, less expensive-and-easier to manage. But I'd really like to hear opinions from those whom had done this conversion. Otherwise, we're all guessing.

I like your wondering. You'll probably find more guys that have gone to the dark side with a car tire on the back then you will that have changed the carbs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that 1st Gen guys have not really found a compatable car tire yet. I've searched here and have zero results on finding a 1st Gen darksider.

I am a former Darksider on a Honda Pacific Coast (PC800). I rode for two years before selling the bike. If I ever buy another PC800, going darkside will be one of the first things that I'd do.