IGNORED

Bring On Another Thousand

SilvrT

Sold the B.O.A.T. today .... wanted to replace it with a bike but the warden said "NO" ... she wants the cash for upgrades she wants to do in our new to us house that we bought and take possession on Sep 1.

(I just can't understand her reasoning at all) :Bunny2: :Laugh:

So, does she know exactly how much you sold the boat for? From my experience with boats my dad had when I was a kid, "it's a hole in the water into which you throw your money". But we all have our things we like, I just have never been a boat person much. Congrats on the sale. Winter will be coming, you may find a screamin deal.

There are some great motorcycles out there for sale for little money! Remember that Kawasaki you bought in FL!

I wasn't sure I even wanted a RSV but I saw one on craigslist that was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. And every time I ride it, I like it a little more.

There are some great motorcycles out there for sale for little money! Remember that Kawasaki you bought in FL!

I wasn't sure I even wanted a RSV but I saw one on craigslist that was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. And every time I ride it, I like it a little more.

That Kaw was a great bike for a really good price considering what they are selling for around here.

I was gonna check out an '03 Road Star and the price was real inviting ... $2750 CAD .. pics showed a really clean bike and normally they run around $4000 here ... but that was her money this time LOL

As for what I sold the boat for... we lost a bit on it but we only had it a couple months and spent about a grand on a custom snap on cover and a fish finder ... basically no more than what we'd have spent renting a boat for the number of times we had it out on the water ... next spring I'll try and find a 14 or 16 aluminum fishing boat coz river fishing here is great and a boat launch is only a couple minutes from our new place.

Had a boat for many years. I enjoyed the ownership the entire time. One day the manifold rusted through so started the repairs. Wow, it was a shocker to find out how much a new manifold cost for the boat. At the time I was a single parent of three girls and no spare cash. It sat for a couple of years.

I got married again. Cash flow was good and wife wanted me to fix the boat. But then she got transferred to Texas so we moved. Plenty of lakes where we live but boat stayed in Oklahoma at a friends lumber yard to retrieve later. Here it is 21 years later and the boat is gone somewhere. I miss it at times. But where I live now all I can see in owning another boat is more work than worth. Just taking one to the lake would be a pain. I did have fun those years I did own a boat. A lot of water skiing, fishing, and even some scuba diving.

Now I am addicted to motorcycles. The Wife is very supportive of this addiction. She even was OK with me adding another one a couple of years ago. She doesn't ride at all not even as a passenger. I think she likes it when I am gone for a couple of weeks. I know I am. I do believe it helps to keep me energized and fell a little young.

A man has to have something to do to keep him energized and feel young. I don't golf. I stopped fishing years ago. I don't go to bars. I gave up chasing women so long ago I can't remember. I wasn't chasing them when I met my fantastic wife I have now. I met her by accident.

I hope you have some other hobby to keep you happily busy. One that your wife will support you on. You don't have to have a new motorcycle or a new boat to still enjoy life. Used ones are good too. Sometimes cheaper and smaller are better. Especially if it needs to fit a budget.

I hope you have some other hobby to keep you happily busy.

I'm also into model car building. Was an avid buidler for several years when I was young ... then I got too involved in motorcycles, working, partying .... and didn't do anything with models for many years until the last 3 months of our trip in the 5th wheel ... Here's 4 that I built since and have another 4 yet unbuilt ... just waiting for when the spirit moves me.

1:8 scale Big Deuce 1:12 scale Camaro 1:25 scale trucks

IMG_2727.jpg IMG_2698.jpg IMG_2587.jpg IMG_2575.jpg

Hey now you got me thinking... I was really into model building when I was a kid long ago. Forgot all about them till I saw your pics, have been looking for a hobby and mite just start building them again. Camaro looks great!

Thanks, Craig

Sold the B.O.A.T. today .... wanted to replace it with a bike but the warden said "NO" ... she wants the cash for upgrades she wants to do in our new to us house that we bought and take possession on Sep 1.

(I just can't understand her reasoning at all)

The way you go through rolling stock it'll probably be something else in a very short period of time..... Wish I were as close to a launch ramp as you are.... :-)

The way you go through rolling stock it'll probably be something else in a very short period of time..... Wish I were as close to a launch ramp as you are.... :-)

LOL how true! Gonna try and find a decent 14' or 16' aluminum fishing boat with maybe a 25-40 hp motor next spring. Hoping to find one with mid-span steering and a 4 or 5 hp kicker. That's what Nina wanted me to buy in the first place but they are very hard to come by and don't go cheap