IGNORED

Throttle hesitation

--

My '18 Eluder was always so jerky for me in shifting and starting. I realize now it's because I'm not accustomed to the play between rest, or total off, position and the increase of gas whey twisting the throttle. This play is hard to judge and isn't welcome. Does anyone else with a Venture or Eluder have this problem?

--

--

I have only tried in Tour Mode. The dealer has no clue. I've ordered a factory repair manual and when it comes I'll see if I can figure something out. Just hoping someone else has had that problem and cured it.

--

--

My '18 Eluder was always so jerky for me in shifting and starting. I realize now it's because I'm not accustomed to the play between rest, or total off, position and the increase of gas whey twisting the throttle. This play is hard to judge and isn't welcome. Does anyone else with a Venture or Eluder have this problem?

--

Hey RonK, sorry to hear that. If you’re not already doing this, keeping a low wrist position as you grip the throttle could help alleviate some of that and smooth out your throttle application.

As stated earlier.... there is a difference in the modes, tour is smoother and sport more responsive. Throttle by wire is much more responsive overall as well...it does take a little getting use to. It seems it only an issue in the lower gears...mainly 2 and 3.

Indian had an issue with the drive by wire on their touring bikes. The one I drove was pretty bad. It was made worse by the cable operated clutch.

I think they addressed the issue with an ECU reflash. Don't know if it helped.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk