IGNORED

What is the beeping After you stop bike and put kickstand down?

I have noticed a beeping that starts when you bring the bike to a stop, put the kickstand down and it shuts the engine off. It keeps making that beeping until you turn the ignition off. My first though it that it is a reminder for you to turn the ignition switch off, but I read something in the user's manual that mentions some type of a disabling function under certain circumstances that required some type of reset. I didn't understand it, so I just moved on.

Can anyone clarify this beeping for me?

I don't think so. It starts beeping when you use the kill switch to turn the engine off, but still have the bike turn to on.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ah, OK. Just like a car. In a car it's a reminder to take the key out. On the scoot, it's a reminder to turn off the bike. Battery drain. At least, that makes sense to me.

If the wife didn't want to travel around this country in a travel trailer, I'd go buy the new Venture. I really do like all that they put on her....

Ah, OK. Just like a car. In a car it's a reminder to take the key out. On the scoot, it's a reminder to turn off the bike. Battery drain. At least, that makes sense to me.

If the wife didn't want to travel around this country in a travel trailer, I'd go buy the new Venture. I really do like all that they put on her....

Upgrade to a toy hauler :mo money:

One of the things I was taught in my m/c course was, except in an emergency, do not use the kill switch to turn the engine off.

Get into the habit of using the ignition key, every time, that way your will never come back to a bike with lights left on & a flat battery. Turning off using the key & removing it when you do so also means you will never leave your key in the bike to help a would be thief.

One of the things I was taught in my m/c course was, except in an emergency, do not use the kill switch to turn the engine off.

Get into the habit of using the ignition key, every time, that way your will never come back to a bike with lights left on & a flat battery. Turning off using the key & removing it when you do so also means you will never leave your key in the bike to help a would be thief.

The TC does not have an ignition key. I keep the FOB in my front jeans pocket.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Upgrade to a toy hauler :mo money:

Agreed. But.

We don't like them. Sleeping where the bike sits does not appeal to us. We did look around and found for those who are considering toy haulers, you can get a better deal buying a horse trailer with living quarters. You don't sleep with the horse. You don't cook with the horse and you don't poop with the horse. It's a separate compartment. To get that in a toy hauler, you have to spend some serious money. The horse trailers were actually cheaper pound for pound!

We are going this way....

20180120_152032.jpg

Top of my head I think it has something to do with the bikes alarm system. You have a limited time to open and close items before the alarm sets itself.

• 3 weeks later...
I have noticed a beeping that starts when you bring the bike to a stop, put the kickstand down and it shuts the engine off. It keeps making that beeping until you turn the ignition off. My first though it that it is a reminder for you to turn the ignition switch off, but I read something in the user's manual that mentions some type of a disabling function under certain circumstances that required some type of reset. I didn't understand it, so I just moved on.

Can anyone clarify this beeping for me?

It’s letting you know that the bike is “in gear” and the key is on. I’ll bet you’re not in neutral when you stop & turn it off. Stop using the kickstand as a kill switch and you won’t have that. It wil also do that if you have the bike started and walk away where it can’t detect the fob, and gives you a flashing light too. There is about a 3ft circle from the dash to about the passenger seat where the fob can be detected.