IGNORED

Dash cam for my Gen 2

VentureFar

I found the odvrm mini cam on Amazon and bought a mirror stalk mount also. This camera comes with a waterproof case that I cut a hole in for the power cord. I mounted it off the top of my ram mount. It has a continuous loop mode. Instructions were weak but with help I got it all figured out. At least we will have a video of the moose that steps in front of me (sure hope not)

I will report on it when I get back. Going to do Chief Joseph Highway and beartooth highway this coming Monday.

6e833e457ccfbbd7d83c5102d126a164.jpg

c579c73c802f331ede69087adae9402e.jpg

Venturefar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil,

I would love to do the Beartooth...that is on my bucket list for sure...

Thoughts about the camera.

Mounted up that high on your ram...I'm wondering about shakes and wind pressure. Wind will kill your audio and bend the ram mount/other stuff you are attached to, back a touch. Did you test the mounting place? Did you test behind the windshield as well? If so, your plus or minus impressions. (I ask because I still haven't found an "ideal" place to mount either of my 2 cams...). I spent over 40 years shooting film and video...maybe I'm to picky!

If you run 720P HD at 60fps, what do you think a 32 or 64gig SD card will give you for length of movie. Do they give a chart or something based on their compression and processor? I understand you are powering the camera off the bike...so battery is not an issue.

How well does the stabilization work? Optical or electronic? Does it take some of the viewing screen real estate when engaged? What viewing angle do you like best for riding?

That's it for now....and hope you have time before you ride off to get back to me.

In the meantime...wishing you a safe and great ride!

P.S. I ask about 720P because it's my favorite for riding. Still true HD, but saves memory card space and easier to edit and view...

Edited by videoarizona
add

Tell me about the spotlight mounted on the left side. Interesting.

:farmer:

Ha your shortest question first.

Vxwholesale.com 25 watt cannons.i can see to stop on a pitch black highway at 75mph. You can play tennis at night in front of these things. I love them.

I have the right family fixed to point just right of my centerline and the left I leave a little loose so I can adjust it depending on the conditions. I have two 10w down low on the fender mounts to light up right in front of the bike when I have on coming traffic and need to turn the flame throwers off. I feel blind.

VentureFar...

Sweet. Put in a big memory card. That ride was one of the fond memories I stll have of the VR International Rally at Cody, WY.

The purpose is continuous record not ride video. Although it takes 3 minute files and writes over them when full.

I can wifi a clip to my phone if I want to keep it. Unit is still new to me. All discovery.

VentureFar...

Ok this will be easier to answer than you want. I don’t know.

I haven’t ridden with it placed there yet.

I don’t know the video quality while riding’l yet. I don’t know if the wind will push it too hard yet. It has “anti shake” built in but I don’t know how well it will work. And. Don’t know which video quality to select yet but this for evidence not necessarily for entertainment. I bought it to be a dash cam.

Sorry for the answers but I will have better answers when I get back at the end of next week

Hang in there with me.

Ok I have the answers @videoarizona

the video quality is excellent. The is very minimal vibration that I can see on my iPhone. The mount didn’t budge a bit after I locked into it with a pair of channel locks.

Looks like it will record about 7 hours before recording over on 32 gigs.

I realized I mounted it too high and didn’t actually need the 2 “ riser so I took it out. The camera now just clears the windshield and is out of my direct field of view.

I would love to post some of the video but I haven’t figured out how to transfer it out of the application. If I was near a laptop I could pull it off the camera directly. I have two iPhones and I will try to take a video of the video and post.

VentureFar...

In Edmonton, we are only a few hours away from the mountains, going through Jasper or Banff, heading west to BC. I have travelled those roads dozens of times, and while it has stunning scenery, it pails in comparison to the views from the top of Beartooth. I had never seen anything like that before...gorgeous!!

Enjoy.

I am heading over Beartooth in the am.

Here is a screen shot of the video as I was riding into Red Lodge this afternoon.

The fuzziness is caused by rain drops. Got rained on all day.

508d7fb814aba93d4f705f9c684ee961.png

VentureFar...

Guest divey
I am heading over Beartooth in the am.

Here is a screen shot of the video as I was riding into Red Lodge this afternoon.

The fuzziness is caused by rain drops. Got rained on all day.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/508d7fb814aba93d4f705f9c684ee961.png

VentureFar...

Careful Neal. Rain in Red Lodge could equate to snow/ice on the Beartooth. Ride safe....Doug

• 1 month later...
Careful Neal. Rain in Red Lodge could equate to snow/ice on the Beartooth. Ride safe....Doug

Interestingly it was warmer at the top at 10,000 feet than down below in RedLodge. Evidently it was a temperature inversion.

I was worried but since I was there already and could turn around and take an alternate route so I proceeded cautiously. I was constantly feeling the air and watching for any water in the shade. I stopped once just before an area of water and got off the bike to touch it and it was just water.

Glad I moved forward. It was a great ride.

VentureFar...