IGNORED

Clutch issue

Working on a 99 RSV with 52k on the clock.

We had an event and after the event the clutch wouldn't fully disengage. I took the bike to the house and noticed the fluid was old and getting dark. I flushed the system with new clean fluid until i was only getting clean fluid from the bleeder. Still the clutch won't fully disengage. If you have the bike running and put it in gear with the clutch in you can feel it trying to pull. Is it time for a new clutch? Or maybe just the barnett pressure plate?

Bluesky,

I saw that thread but i know the bleedback is working. as i can see the fluid come into the cylinder with the cover off. It seems like the clutch is not releasing completely so if you throttle up with the clutch in the bike can/will go forward even up the incline of my driveway.

Bluesky,

I saw that thread but i know the bleedback is working. as i can see the fluid come into the cylinder with the cover off. It seems like the clutch is not releasing completely so if you throttle up with the clutch in the bike can/will go forward even up the incline of my driveway.

If the expansion hole is clear then you have air in the line. I'll send you a PM on what I had to do to get the air out. Simple, easy, and quick.

This is an 'air in line' / master cylinder / slave cylinder issue. Will not be fixed with a Barnett or spring upgrade. The Barnett / spring upgrade will help if it will not fully engage. Does not help if the clutch will not disengage.

Condor is the man!

RR