IGNORED

Lots more room in the garage now..................

DragonRider

Well I made the decision to keep the XJ and parted ways with my 87 Royale. The XJ650 is now road worthty, just have to get it plated and insured. Dont think I am going to miss my 87 because I still have the trike. It didnt take long to sell the 87, I had plenty of interest in it, I could have likely gotten a little more for it, but I wanted it sold so I could finish up on the XJ. Next time I ride the Dragon it will be on the XJ650.

IMG_1066.jpg

xj650 009.jpg

How long have you ridden it without stopping? The seats on the smaller bikes get uncomfortable after a while or at least my ZN700 does. And for an old coot like me, I'm folded up a little too much for long rides.

Havent spent much time on smaller bikes ever since I graduated to Ventures. The seat isnt too bad and don't feel too crunched up on it on the test drives I have taken. I will gradually work on seat time once its licensed and insured which will be in the next few days.

How long have you ridden it without stopping? The seats on the smaller bikes get uncomfortable after a while or at least my ZN700 does. And for an old coot like me, I'm folded up a little too much for long rides.

As you say 'us old coots' don't like being bent up. but I had an XJ650 special {same bike} early in my biking years and it was a damned comfortable 'little' bike. Actually did one London to Spain trip on it as my 1000 Kwaka was in the shop. Obviously couldn't do the 1000 mile 'blast' on it, but arrived on day two and in pretty good shape.

Those are nice bikes, strong engines and a well balanced package. Because of the cruiser seating position, which tends to put more pressure on the tailbone than the standard version of those bikes, the seats had better and more foam and weren't too bad. I would expect that this old man would need to get off and stretch my legs before the seat drove me off.

Hope you have many happy miles on it!

Must say you did a hell of a job on it Lewis. It really looks clean and ready for the road. Awesome job buddy!

I should turn it over to you and let you get it looking like you did with your two restorations...........then it would be beautiful!!!